Highlighted
mchopra
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 21, 2015

Choppy voice from bose 700

I am using samsung note 9. I get choppy voice when I put my phone in my trousers (front or back). Is this something new or is there a solution. 

I tried repairing and updating the app but the still issue is there.

Pls advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Choppy voice from bose 700

Author Accepted Answer selected by mchopra

Hi mchopra,

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

Could you please test another device with the headphones as well as confirming if this issue happens when it's only on one side or both? 

Please also ensure that your headphones are running the latest software via the Bose Online Updater. If both headphones and app are running the latest software version this should help with the setup bug you are experiencing! 

Please update us on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @mchopra and thank you for your recent post!

I'm sorry to hear of the distorted audio you've experienced here and would be happy to look into this for you.

In order to do so, can I ask a few questions to establish your setup to uncover what may be happening here?

1) As you are using a Samsung Note 9, can I confirm what android version this is running please?

2) When you say you get "choppy voice", can I ask that you elaborate on this? Is this just inbound voice audio that is affected, or is this all audio? Did you mean that this was affecting the microphone quality, etc.?

3) If this is an audio issue (rather than a microphone issue), do you have the same experience through both Bluetooth and AUX?

4) When you say that you've tried repairing, had you cleared the Bluetooth list prior to this, and chosen to "Forget this Device" from the Bluetooth settings of your Note 9?

Please get back to me when this is convenient for you!

Liam W - Community Support

mchopra
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 21, 2015

Hello Liam thanks for your email. My responses are as below..

1. Android version 9

2. Frankly, i havent tested the microphone quality as i dont take calls on this headset. Give me a day or so and I will revert on the same.

3. The issue i have faced is only on Bluetooth.

4. Yes, I have cleared the pairing list and from phone and the headset and re paired them.

The other issue i have with the app is even while the headset is paired and playing music, when i open the Bose Music app, it still doesnt detect the headset and instructs me to go into 'pairing mode'. I am not sure if this is the same issue or different.

Thanks & regards

Author Accepted Answer selected by mchopra

Hi mchopra,

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

Could you please test another device with the headphones as well as confirming if this issue happens when it's only on one side or both? 

Please also ensure that your headphones are running the latest software via the Bose Online Updater. If both headphones and app are running the latest software version this should help with the setup bug you are experiencing! 

Please update us on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

mchopra
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 21, 2015

Hello,

Apologies for the delay revert.

I am yet to test this headset on another device. However, when I use Bose Soundsport on my Samsung note 9, I do not have any issues.

Also, do note that my bose connect and headphone are running on the latest software version.

I will revert with my observations on this headset with another device. Kindly allow me a couple of days.

Thanks & regards