Registered since

May 20, 2020

Clicking noise when not playing audio on Bose 700

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

1.82-11524+e0f7590

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
Pixel 5, Macbook Pro

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

After about 5-10 minutes after pausing music/video, and not having any sound play, I hear a continuous clicking noise in the headphones. It is about 2 clicks per second. It disappears when I play audio again from a device. This occurs both when I have 2 devices connected to the headphones at once, and when I only have one of the two devices connected to the headphones (other device bluetooth off.)

I have gone through the reset/reboot process regarding holding the button and plugging the plugged in charger in, but that has not helped.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Started in last month or so

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Reset/reboot

1 REPLY 1
Marvin_B

Re: Clicking noise when not playing audio on Bose 700

Hi mkov.

Thank you for your post. I have looked into this for you.

This clicking sound occurs as the noise reduction circuitry powers up. If it is continuously doing that, please reset the headphones to address the issue.

To reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  2. Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  3. On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  4. Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.
    Tip: If the headphones are unresponsive after a reset, reset them a second time.

Let us know how it went.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!