Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2020

Connecting Bose NC 700 headphones to Bose SoundTouch 300 Bar

Hello, Please help me understand if it is possible to do what I am trying to do with my Bose NC 700. I have Bose SoundTouch 300 soundbar that is connected to my TV using an Optical-input type. Now that I have my Bose NC 700 headphones, is there any way or in other words how can I watch my TV using my BOSE NC 700 headphones? It will be nice to watch TV using my headphones that will not disturb my family at night time or at any time. Please try to explain how it can be done because I could not find anything online, thanks in advance for your input.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Connecting Bose NC 700 headphones to Bose SoundTouch 300 Bar

Hi HariCHKD,

Thanks for posting, welcome to the Community!

If you want to watch your TV while listening to the headphones rather than your soundbar, your TV would need to support Bluetooth connections. The SoundTouch 300 isn't able to connect to Bluetooth headphones, so you would need to connect the headphones directly to the TV to be able to do this.

If your TV does support Bluetooth headphones, you'll simply need to pair the headphones with the TV and mute the soundbar to be able to listen without disturbing your family late at night. How to do this will vary by TV, but if you need a hand setting it up, let me know which TV you have and I'll see what I can do to help!

If you do want to be able to pair the headphones to a soundbar, rather than the TV, our newest range of soundbars support this using a feature called SimpleSync. SimpleSync allows the soundbar to pair to one Bluetooth speaker or pair of Bluetooth headphones and play both in sync. For more information on SimpleSync and which of our systems supports it check out this page HERE.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2020

Hello,

i have the Same Problem connecting my NC700 with soundtouch 300.

In simple sync supporting list there are both products listed?

Highlighted

Hi Harrison,

Both the NC700 headphones and the SoundTouch 300 are able to receive a signal via SimpleSync, but neither are able to send a signal. You'll notice in the list of systems that are compatible with SimpleSync HERE, that it is split into 2 sections, "Bose speakers and soundbars with SimpleSync" and "Bluetooth® speakers and headphones optimized for audio with SimpleSync".

The speakers listed under "Bose speakers and soundbars with SimpleSync" can send a signal to other headphones or speakers via SimpleSync as part of a group. These are the only systems that can send the signal to a Bluetooth speaker or headphones using the SimpleSync feature.

The systems listed under "Bluetooth® speakers and headphones optimized for audio with SimpleSync" are the ones we have optimized to receive a signal via SimpleSync, they aren't capable of sending a signal to other speakers or headphones.

I hope this helps clarify this for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!