Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

Connecting Bose quietcomfort 35 11 to samsung TV without Bluetooth

I have a samsung tv - these are the specs. It has no Bluetooth 
https://www.samsung.com/ca/tvs/uhdtv-nu6900/UN43NU6900FXZC/#specs

I would like to connect it to my bose quitcomfort 35 11 headphones but I don't know how.
Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Connecting Bose quietcomfort 35 11 to samsung TV without Bluetooth

Hi toronto_filmmaker,

Thanks for reaching out. 

If your TV has a 3.5mm input you can use an AUX connection between your headphones and your TV 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Connecting Bose quietcomfort 35 11 to samsung TV without Bluetooth

@toronto_filmmakerIf you want to connect it with bluetooth, you have the same issue as any other device without bluetooth and even the back seat in a plane.  You need a device that you can plug into the audio out somehow of the TV that will transmit a bluetooth signal to your QC35ii.  TVs (I have a samsung as well) have various connectors on the back for the audio signal - a small hole we call a female 3.5-inch stereo connector, red/white RCA jacks - both of these are 'analog' or a digital output such as an 'optical' jack.  Each of these requires a different type of cable and what you choose will depend on the 'box' you buy to connect to your TV that transmits the bluetooth signal to your headphones.

The easiest way to start your search on eBay or Amazon would be to search for "Bluetooth Plane".  As the solution is the same.  The only thing that you may want to consider that is not in a 'plane' solution is the power source.  You are better off imho with a box that plugs in for its power than one that runs on batteries (which is what is preferable for planes).