Connecting my Bose Bluetooth headphones to new iPhone 10

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Connecting my Bose Bluetooth headphones to new iPhone 10

I  I have a pair of Bluetooth Bose headphones that I have been using for about a year and a half. They hooked to my  Old iPhone just fine but since I upgraded to the iPhone X, they will not hook up. It says through the headphones that they are looking for my phone but they do not show up on my phone. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Connecting my Bose Bluetooth headphones to new iPhone 10

Hello Aycannon, 

Many thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site!

I am very sorry to hear you have had issues pairing your Bluetooth headphones to your new iPhone X. I'd love to help get this sorted for you, however. 

While I'm not sure which headphones it is you have (can you kindly confirm this in your reply?) I would recommend holding the Bluetooth button/switch down for around 10 seconds to clear the memory of the headphones. This will remove all previous pairings and any potential residual corrupted data that may be causing problems. 

Next on your new iPhone X, please go to iPhone Settings > Bluetooth, then ensure this is turned on. If you see the Bluetooth headphones listed but it says NOT CONNECTED next to the name, please tap the ( i ) icon, then tap forget device, then confirm. If it does not appear on the list with 'NOT CONNECTED' you may see it listed under OTHER DEVICES. This means it is showing as a new fresh device available for pairing. Please tap on it to connect. 

If you still have issues, please try to pair with another alternative device to see if the same issue occurs. If it pairs fine to other devices, please try to pair an alternative Bluetooth product to your iPhone X to see if it also has issues connecting to the phone. 

I'll be interested to hear how you get on, so please let me know what happens if you can. If anyone else is having similar issues to Aycannon, please feel free to try the same steps, and join in the discussion if you wish!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support