killerreaper1058
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2021

Connection To PC (Windows 10)

Hello Michael Perez from the US, I'm reaching out to the community since I've hit a bump in the road with my headphones. Heres the problem: I recently decided to use these headphones (Bose QC35 II) for my computer simply because they are very nicer and expensive headphones. So i turned them on and they connected to my phone like easily and with no problem, I listened to a few songs and the quality was amazing. I then updated the headphones to the newest software update and shortly after it was done, i turned on the headphones and it connected to my phone automatically and the audio from apple music was still amazing. i opened my bluetooth settings on my computer and started connecting them to my pc. they connected effortlessly and everything seemed to be going smoothly. Until i tried actually listening to something. the connection is terrible and the audio sounds crackly and just hard to listen to, itll cut in and out but wont loose bluetooth connection.

Product: Bose QC35II

Firmware Version: 4.8.1

App Version: 15.0

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on: Windows 10 PC. newest version? 

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: Terrible audio and connection problems from PC but not from Iphone.

What environment do you experience the issue in?: Quiet Office alone.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?: Yesterday. No

Any troubleshooting steps you took: I reset the headphones. restarted the computer. Disconnected the headphones from the computer and reconnected them. 

1 REPLY 1
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Connection To PC (Windows 10)

@killerreaper1058(I do not work for Bose)

As you can see, the QC35 works as described with the phone.  So if you are not getting the expected results from the PC, the 'problem' or 'issue' lies with the PC.  Remember that the Bluetooth communication is two way and so issues can be on either end (or both ends).  Aside from resetting the QC35 and making sure it has the most recent firmware, there is nothing else on the QC35 end that you can do to impact BT communication.  Keep also in mind, that even if you can get a non-Bose BT headphone to work perfectly well, that still does not suggest that the problem lies with the QC35 - and even if it did, there are just too many BT chip vendors (for example, my Dell machines use Intel combined wifi/BT chip sets) and too many PCs, windows updates, etc. for Bose to troubleshoot.  So the 'onus' will lie with you to perform all the troubleshooting to narrow down exactly what is causing the incorrect/problematic results.

I have checked in on this topic here dozens of times and you can check the other ones out for more details.  So here is a synopsis of what you need to do:

1. Going to the BT chip set site (not your PC vendor site) and update to the latest BT drivers

2. Try older versions of the BT drivers from the BT chip set site

3. Uninstall the windows updates in reverse order up to 2 years back - if it solves your problem, you had a windows update conflict

4. Use msconfig to disable all non-Microsoft/Windows apps and services.

5. Use msconfig to disable all apps and services

6. Try safe mode

7. Image your windows hard disk and reinstall windows from scratch (you can always restore the image later).  Start adding one at a time, windows updates, PC vendor bundled apps and drivers, virus and security software, and then your applications.  As soon as it stops working, you have found your conflict.  If you have reinstalled everything, and things work - just be happy you rid yourself of the issue.

8. If barebones windows does not work, you will not be able to use the QC35 with your BT chipset, so disable it totally (and all the drivers).  Purchase a BT USB Dongle that preferable uses BT 4 and not BT 5.  Use a BT dongle that uses the "CSR Harmony" drivers.  This is your last hope.... 🙂