Continued issues with pause whilst connected to multiple devices
I've a set of NC 700 headphones with the most recent headset firmware (to date) installed. Wish I could check to state it, but the Bose app seems to have issues connecting to my phone (a separate issue from this thread).
Have been experiencing an issue whereby pause works intermittently depending on which devices are connected, and apps I'm using.
For instance, I typically simultaneously connect to my Android phone, and Dell laptop. Whilst playing youtube videos on my laptop, I can freely pause (via double right ear tap) and resume. However when playing youtube videos on my phone, the pause mostly doesn't work. Sometimes (not all the time) when I'm connected only to the phone, the pause/resume works.
For the record, my android version is 8.0.0, my youtube app version is 16.19.37.
My laptop is a Dell with Windows 10 pro, v. 1903.
Curiously, when I use the youtube music app (v. 4.28.52) on my phone the pause/resume works well no matter which device is currently broadcasting.
I've conducted the following troubleshooting and eventually got the pause/resume function working with my phone. See below:
1) turning off my laptop bluetooth
2) turning off my headset
3) rebooting my phone
4) powering on my headset (it finds & connects to my phone)
5) opening youtube app and playing a video.
6) pause doesn't work.
7) turning off my phone bluetooth (headset reports disconnect & turning off bluetooth)
😎 turning on my laptop bluetooth (even though bluetooth was supposed to be off, the headset reported connecting)
9) playing a youtube video (via chrome), pause/resume works perfectly.
10) turning off my laptop bluetooth (headset reports disconnect & turning off bluetooth)
11) turning on my phone bluetooth (after turning it on, I had to manually select my headset for connection which succeeded)
12) playing a youtube video (via app), pause/resume works perfectly ???!!!???
13) paused the video playing on my phone
14) turned on my laptop bluetooth (headset reports connecting to both devices)
15) resuming video on my phone (via screen click) (no audio from laptop present)
16) pause/resume on phone video still works.
17) pause video on phone (via headset)
18) playing youtube video on my laptop (via mouse click). pause/resume works.
19) pause video on laptop (via headset)
20) play video on phone (via screen click)
I'm certain at some point the pause function will stop working on my phone again, just not sure when or why.
I've also noticed that audio from my phone will drop mid video, even though there is no apparent audio being broadcast from my laptop, and no apparent audio demands from other phone apps. It may be notification noises trying to interfere with the phone audio, but when the issue occurs, there has been a simple drop in audio from my phone with no subsequent noises. It takes several stops/restarts of the video play in order to get the audio on my phone video going again. This never happens with my laptop connection.