Schwitters
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Conversations via two Headphones

Does anyone know if two people, each wearing either Quietcomfort 35 or the new 700s, can connect with each other over bluetooth and carry on a conversation easily in a noisy environment? 

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Conversations via two Headphones

There is nothing that I know of built-in to the Bose headphones (I do not work for Bose), that allows one Bose headphone to directly communicate with another headphone without the help of one or more 'intermediaries'.  In other words, the Bose headphones do not have builtin to them the functionality of a 'walkie-talkie' (using Bluetooth to communicate with versus radio frequencies).  That is a good idea, though 🙂

So the Bose headphones have to communicate with something that in turn will  relay the audio to the other headphone.  Again, it would have to be some sort of app program which facilities the communication.  I am no expert on whether an app or appllication (on windows/mac) exists that can communicate simultaneously with two headphones both of which can both transmit and recieve.  So unless you can locate one, that leaves us with the most 'obvious' way to do this: having each headphone participate via a paired phone in a standard phone conversation.

Keep in mind that the current functionality of the Bose headphones which are marketed predominantly for consumer (and not business, government or miltary use) is to either receive streaming audio with the A2DP bluetooth (BT) profile or to talk back and forth via the HFP profile (which is a one to one communication with another device participating in Voice Over IP (a phone call, whatsapp, skype, etc.).  There are many many BT protocols/profiles, but I am not personally aware of any others which have been implemented by the Bose headphones.  If there are and there is additional functionality, Bose here would have to suppliment this response.

Schwitters
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Re: Conversations via two Headphones

Thanks. This is very useful. Looks like we'll simply need to call each other and keep the line open. That's not elegant, but it works. 

I appreciate your response!

John