Highlighted
Kcg
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Re: Crackling Sounds in Noise Cancelling 700 Headphones

I’ve experienced the same thing, listening to music and while on the phone. I’ve tried toggling the volume, but not reconnecting.

seems like a significant problem.......

Highlighted
master5274
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Bose 700 Headphones crackling

Anytime I connect my headphones to my Chromebook via Bluetooth and attempt to watch videos on Youtube I get a contant crackle and the audio cuts in and out. It will com back sometimes 5-15 seconds, but wanted to see if there was a solution.

I also run into an issue where I cannot keep stay connected to both the computer and to my phone, but was not sure if that was possible. If I'm connected to both, the Bluetooth on my laptop connects and disconnects repeatedly. 

Thank you,

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones crackling

Hello master5274 & KCG,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulty with your Noise-Canceling Headphones 700, I would be more than happy to assist you further; could you please tell me if you experience the crackle on other devices? Does this crackle occur when you are listening via a wired connection? Is it only with specific apps? Have you tried any other troubleshooting previously suggested on this thread? A product reset and a manual update?

I would also suggest clearing the pairing list of the device, please see the steps below:

• Power on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared."

To reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

To install a Bose system update, follow these steps (Note A USB-A to USB-micro B cable is required for this update):

1. Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.
  2. Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product
  3. Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater
  4. Click "Download" to download the updater
  5. Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB
  6. If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. 
  7. Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

I hope this helps, I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C -Community Support

Highlighted
brucehsu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

I've been encountering the same issue since I purchased Bose 700 two weeks ago.

It happened to me 4 times just in these two short weeks:

1. The first time it occurred during a 13 hours flight (I bought my pair in the airport). It was 5 hours into the flight, and the crackling static lasted 10 minutes then disappeared automatically.

2. I was in a cafe, where the background noises were chatters and soft jazz music. I've tried to reconnect my headphones, turned ANC off and on from Bose Music app, none of it worked. Just when I gave up, the static disappeared again automatically without me doing anything after 20 minutes or so.

3. This time the issue lasted much longer for the entire 3.5 hours flight. I was able to find this post and tried the reboot steps mentioned several times but no luck. I ended up bearing the static for the entire flight. It was quite frustrating. I turned my headphones off right after we landed. I turned it on after 30 minutes (without doing anything about it during the period) and the crackling static was gone.

4. Again, I found myself dealing with the same issue in another 13 hours flight, around 8 hours into the flight this time. At this point, I pretty much gave up taking any action about it. I just turned it off for 10 minutes and turned it on, for multiple times.

I really like Bose NCH-700, but to be honest if the ANC feature isn't that reliable, that pretty much kills my need on using it. I've also been advised by Bose twitter support I should contact the Dutch branch and have my pair replaced. But unless it's a hardware issue, I see no point doing so if the problem is rooted in the firmware.

Hope the cause of this could be addressed pretty soon.

Highlighted
orts
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Same issue here

Highlighted

Hello orts, 

Thanks for joining in the discussion. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. If you have already tried the above recommendations, I would suggest the final thing you could try would be to remove the cushions from the earcups, then re-attach them. If the issue persists, please reach out to local support to seek service [LINK.]

Kind regards,

Jeff G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Tuborg
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

I have the same crackling problem, must of it happens while speeking and while in conferences.....tryed everything (drivers update and rebooting), nothing has worked....$430, unbelievable. Got it in August, what do I have to do to return it and get my money back?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hello Tuborg,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some audio quality problems with your NC Headphones 700. 

What device do you have them connected to?

Does this happen only during calls or whilst listen to media also?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Kun
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

I have the same problem, the random crackling sound really drove me crazy, and one of my friends has the same problem, we all sent our device back to Bose customer service department, the good news is after long long waiting(We have to complain to China commercial bureau and let them give bose some pressure... awful experience), I am getting my device back tomorrow.

The problem is, bose's technical guy didn't acknowledge the defect, I got my device back because of the pressure of bureau and "based on customer experience, and this will not happen again?"

Actually I am really a big fan of bose and have so many bose's products like sound touch wave 4, qc25, qc30, revovle+, but this time nc700's defect likes the initial version of qc30 in year 2016, maybe bose has to do a lot of things to improve the stable problem.

It works fine with cable, so maybe problem is inside bluetooth module, my friend said with bose music app in front, sometimes crackling sounds disappear. I have tried iphone xr, iphone 8, macbook pro 2017 to connect and both of them have the same problem.

I like this headphone, and really want to know will bose at least give us a workaround?

Sorry for my bad grammar, I am not a native speaker and just want some help.

Highlighted
dhardison
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Same Issue.

Update installed.

Cleared bluetooth list

unpaired from the associated devices ( laptop / phone / etc )

Still crackling.