SimoneS
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Re: Crackling Sounds in Noise Cancelling 700 Headphones

Hi all,

I believe the problem you are experiencing here is tied to firmware 1.3.1 version.

I suggest to you to take a look to firmware thread in which this problem was raised lot of time.

The only possible solution in this moment it is to disconnect one device, or better use the headset whit only one device.

We are still waiting for a firmware update (from November).

Jerry_Æ
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2020

Hey guys! I found one possible reason for all this sound cutting and crackling.

It appears to come along with a lower sound quality and happens only when the Headphone's microphone connects to an app or the device itself. 

Here is a detailed explanation in an Apple forum:

https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT208896

So make sure no app, software or the device connects to the microphone and it just might be the cure to this unsettling issue. 

I went to SOUND in my Macbook settings, selected the Input tab and selected the Internal Microphone (type: built-in) This worked for me.

Hope this helps. 😃

SimoneS
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Hi @Jerry_Æ,

if I understood correctly with this configuration I'll disable the headset microphone, and in this way I won't be able to use it in conference call.

This solution could be good only for who use the headset only for music listening.

Anyway this confirm that the problem is in the microphone communication.

godmode426
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 29, 2020

I'm having similar issues on windows 10 pc.  I have an asus z390e strix motherboard with bluetooth 5.0 and an antenna. I ran through all the trouble shooting steps and it resolved the issue for the most part. However there is a loss of sync every 10 mins or so that causes the audio to stutter and crackle. I can't seem to find a cause for this.

nihaopaul
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2020

Yep, i have it when connected to two devices at the same time:

Device 1: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) (one playing audio)

Device 2: Pixel 4 xl

Resolution: disconnected and reconnect device 2

how to recreate the problem: restart headphones, let devices connect (havn't tested which order is required), play audio from macbook again

TheMysticalFuzzyCorndog
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

I've got the same (or similar) issue, starting after about 1/2 hour of use. I would categorize it more like low-volume pink noise coming out of the left earphone in addition to the normal audio signal, but I can see how it might be described as crackling. For me, it goes away completely if I use the app to turn off noise canceling. Note that I'm only connected to my phone, and not to any other devices.

I tried resetting the headphones as well as updating them using the Bose Music app on my Android-based phone, and that didn't change things. The web-based updater doesn't seem to want to run. Guess I'll return it and try again with a new pair. But two tries is all you guys get, since clearly you have quality control issues that are aren't properly addressing.

It's also worth mentioning that your app is kind of unreliable, too. If I power up the headphones while the app is opened, the app won't find the headphones. Rather, I have to close the app and re-open it before it will see the headphones. Likewise, there seems to be a lag on the headphones themselves when it comes to things like communicating the battery charge. For instance, if the battery has 2 hours of charge and then I charge it, when I turn the headphones on they'll announce that it has 2 hours of charge. It sure seems that you shipped this product well before it was ready. Not cool. Not cool at all.

-- Keith

thomasmmc
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Just to note, clearing all the Bluetooth pairings and still hearing the static is almost complete proof this is ANC along with the suggestion of turning it off works fine.

Having to work from home I was excited to have these headphones, then fail...

Guy66
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

I’ve had the white noise issue in my right ear for a few days. Tried a bunch of things and believed this to be a hardware failure. After messing around with the reset, removing and repairing plus playing with the Bose Music app (using iPad Air 2 and iPhone X) I have ‘fixed’ the issue.

This worked for me.....

1. Reset headphones
  2. Remove Bose Music App.
  3. Clear all pairing on iPad/iPhone
  4. Clear all pairing on headphones
  5. Put headphones into pairing mode
  6. Pair using the standard built in Bluetooth settings on iPad 

Seems to be an App issue rather than the headphones...... currently had several hours of blissful noise cancelled music and films 🙂

XiX
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

I have attempted all of the suggestions that users have mentioned, as well as those of moderators, and nothing has prevented the noise. I think it's telling that Bose has offered no fix for this in all this time nor have they even attempted to provide the functionality they advertised (EQ and white noise) while removing that from the device page. I used to think Bose stood for quality in both construction and sound but it would appear that is not longer the case. I won't make this mistake again.

Hector_B

Hello XiX, 

Thank you for posting and letting us know more information about your issue. We're sorry to hear that the steps provided to you on the community were not able to resolve your issue. 

As you are still experiencing this, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I would suggest reaching out to us via Social Media for the fastest response time. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!