RobMarc
Participant
Registered since

May 27, 2020

Re: Crackling Sounds in Noise Cancelling 700 Headphones

I have a probelm with Bose NC Headphones 700 issues: Random skipping sounds anddistorted sounds while listening but only with my PC not with the phone.

A way to fix it?

triley
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2020

Bose NC 700 Crackling

Constant Crackling sound is driving me crazy. I tried everything I've seen on this forum to no avail. Thankfully, I bought these today and can return tomorrow. I wish they had fixed the problem prior to release. 

Viswatej
Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2020

Re: Crackling Sounds in Noise Cancelling 700 Headphones

My brand new nc 700s emit a crackling sound when connected to my 2018 iPad Pro and 2019 MacBook Air, which are running the latest public beta softwares respectively. The crackling sound is very noticeable and jittery. This happens when I turn on the headphones and they connect automatically. I have to go to the device settings and disconnect, then reconnect the headphones to remove the stutter. This happens every time. But I’ve noticed that there is not crackle when the headphones auto-connect to my Samsung Note10+. 

I’m hoping that this has something to do with the beta profiles on the apple devices, not the actual headphones themselves. 

VikramJ
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2021

Bose NC 700 Cracking sound

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Bose NC 700

Country

Germany

Firmware Version

1.8.2-11524+eOf7590

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.) 

IOS 14 and Windows 10

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Anytime I connect my headphones to my Chromebook via Bluetooth and attempt to watch videos on Youtube I get a contant crackle and the audio cuts in and out. It will com back sometimes 5-15 seconds, but wanted to see if there was a solution.

I also run into an issue where I cannot keep stay connected to both the computer and to my phone, but was not sure if that was possible. If I'm connected to both, the Bluetooth on my laptop connects and disconnects repeatedly. 

Thank you,

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.) 

All

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? 

From the day i got this NC700

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Reset the device ... Nothing worked