Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

Crackling Sounds in Noise Cancelling 700 Headphones

I just bought these and I'll often hear a crackling sound when listening to audio, for example, music or notification tones. Is there any way to fix it?

120 REPLIES 120
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Re: Crackling Sounds in Noise Cancelling 700 Headphones

I’ve not experienced anything like that with mine. If I were you, I’d try having your device forget your headphones in your Bluetooth settings, restart your device, and then completely reset your headphones. If that doesn’t work, then try connecting the headphones to a different device. 

If if none of this helps, then I’d suggest exchanging it. Good luck.

Highlighted

Hi Goddaniit, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having these issues and would love to assist you further. 

I would recommend attempting the steps that @JoePR31 has suggested and if you have any issue with these steps or are unsure how to perform them please do let me know and I would love to guide you through this. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

How I can reset the headphone mine is brand new nc 700 have same issue as cracking noice from left speaker 

Highlighted

Hi Saravana0129, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues and I will do all I can to help you! 

To reset the Noise Canceling Headphones 700 please follow the steps below:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

I hope this helps, If there is anything else we can do for you please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

I received these headphones as a gift and they worked fine for about 2 weeks and then the crackling (noise) in the left ear started. Even with noise cancelling set at 10 is is still apparent. With NC off it is unusable.

I have tried to reset the headphones but the problem still persists.

Any other suggestions as to correcting this?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 28, 2019

I am having the same issues. Was on a flight when I noticed it and now it happens all the time and feels like there is something wrong with the left ear. These are brand new and for $400 I expected something that wouldn’t malfunction after couple days of use. Please update!

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for providing this information, it is most helpful!

For those of you who are experiencing issues with crackling audio in your Noise Canceling Headphone 700s, I would recommend the troubleshooting that is already recommended in this thread. If this is unsuccessful, I would recommend plugging the headphones into a computer and going to the LINK HERE and following the on-screen instructions. This will make sure that your update was installed correctly. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

I have just completed the necessary update to the headphones and this did not resolve the problem . The left ear crackle still persists. I am at a loss other than there is a problem with the noise cancelling device. What further options are available othere than returning them for a new pair.

Highlighted

Hi Djgriffud,

Thank you for coming back to us!

If you have carried out all the troubleshooting provided here, I would suggest contacting your local technical support for assistance. You can find the details by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country of residence and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'.

I hope this helps. If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out again!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support