Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2020

Crackling sound in right headphone when noise cancellation is on

Since yesterday I have been hearing a crackling sound come from my right headphone. At first I thought there was an insect in the headphone, but found out the sound only occurs when noise cancellation is on low or high. I tried resetting the headphones and updated the software, and I still hear the sound. I know the speaker is not blown because I set the volume high and the headphones still sounded great, but you can hear this crackling in the back. It is very agitating.. Is there any solution to this without having to buy a new pair of headphones? Many people are having this issue which seems very concerning... 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Crackling sound in right headphone when noise cancellation is on

Hi SydneyDiTommaso,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this. Could you specify the headphones that you're using?

Does the crackling sound happen when the headphones are connected with both Bluetooth and wired? Excessively noisy environments such as airplanes taking off, concerts, emergency sirens, and construction zones (among others) can overwhelm the microphones used to monitor external frequencies (part of the ANC technology) causing the headphones to crackle or distort. In what sort of environment are you using your headphones?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2020

I am using the Bose QC 35 II headphones. The sound happens when I am connected to bluetooth, I have not checked if the sound happens wirelessly. I am not using the headphones in a noisy environment, I use them in my room which is a completely quiet space. 

Highlighted

Thank you for clarifying, Sydney. I'd recommend to clear the pairing list of the headphones and devices used as shown HERE, to re-establish fresh Bluetooth connections. To confirm, did you update your product firmware is up-to-date, by visiting our BTU updater page HERE?

If things do not seem to be improving, you should reach out to local support, to discuss the service options avauialble so this issue can be resolved. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!