gary456gary
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

Does anyone else hear a crackling noise at the beginning of every song/audio file with the NC 700?

I recently bought the NC 700, I randomly hear a crackling kind of noise at the beginning of every song/audio file. It's very annoying. Sometimes I reconnect and then it disappear, but it always comes back later.

Any solutions?

5 REPLIES 5
Tegan_M

Re: Does anyone else hear a crackling noise at the beginning of every song/audio file with the NC...

Hi gary456gary,

Sorry to hear that you appear to be getting some crackling from your headphones.

Does this happen when with all audio you listen to? For example, Spotify, MP3 and Youtube videos?

Does this also occur with a Bluetooth connection as well as a cabled connection? This way we can see if this a result of a poor Bluetooth connection. 

Do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
gary456gary
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

Re: Does anyone else hear a crackling noise at the beginning of every song/audio file with the NC...

Yes, I guess you are right. Actually, I found it somehow related to the Bluetooth connection. It happened both on my iPhone XR and my desktop. 
Besides, it is easily to reproduce the bug when you use iPhone and try to swipe up the screen to close some apps. 
I haven’t tried with wires. Will test it later!!

gary456gary
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

I bought another new one, it has better bluetooth connection, compared to the first one.

However, this one has more clamping force and feel not comfortable for long time wearing.

I am very disappointed about the build quality, why one has worse Bluetooth connection, the other one has more clamping force. Can't you make it the build quality more stable even after one year since it released?

I am going to return both of them and buy another brand.

Chill2018
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 7, 2021

Hello, 

I also have this problem. 

When the headphone is connected through bluetooth to my laptop. Not when connected to my phone. 

Does it mostly at the beginning of songs on Deezer. Also a bit on youtube. 

I'm trying to see if there is a problem with my bluetooth, but apart from updating pilots, I'm not sure what to do. 

Was a solution found? 

Thanks

madbooba
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Re: Does anyone else hear a crackling noise at the beginning of every song/audio file with the NC 70

Yes, I hear! We all hear it...there is no solution and there will be no solution. You have to accept it, or...

go for Sony while you still can!