Highlighted
Bridget.Rutty@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Download music app

Just bought a 700 headphone & instruction book says to download Bose Music app from Google Play.

I go to Google Play and it can't find the app.  I'm not interested in playing music just want what I need to control noise level.  Is there a copy on this site and can I download to my desk top computer?  I'm really not interested in buying a smart phone just to run the headset.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Download music app

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bridget.Rutty@gmail.com

On the Right ear cup you have one button for on/off/BT.  Tapping it turns on/off and holding it will put it into pairing mode (to pair a new device) and hold for longer to clear the BT list.

I think as default the auto off timer is also on ( probably 10 or 20 minutes)  so even if you leave them on, they'll go to sleep.

The other button will be your virtual assistant.

On the left is you noise cancelling presets, so that will cycle between levels 10, 5 and 0 as default

6 REPLIES 6
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

I'm pretty sure there is no windows/Mac program, just IOS/Android.  Is there anyone in the family that has a phone or tablet that runs IOS or android?

Without that you can still control the Noise cancelling level, but you are restricted to the default presets (10, 5 and 0) which would be suitable for most people.

Bridget.Rutty@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

No phone, no ipad.  Default settings might be ok if I knew how to change them.  I don't want music, I want silence or at least as close as I can get.  I turned my tv on & put headphones on.  The sound of the tv was muffled but I could still hear every word said.

Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Unfortunately that's the misconception about noise cancelling.  Without anything playing you won't block out everything.  But it does bring it down to a much more acceptable level.

Even with something playing it relies on you being distracted.  If you are listening to music, but trying to hear other sounds (to test the headphones out), you will hear sounds.  But if I'm watching a movie, I'm focused on the movie, so even during the quite times where there is little sound from the movie, the noise cancelling does enough so that external sounds (like the kid crying behind me on the plane) fade into the background and I don't hear them, because I'm still focused on the movie.

As default your headphones will be on maximum noise cancelling, so it won't get better than that.

Bridget.Rutty@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Ok, muffled is as good as it'll get.  I need to concentrate while lifting weights which is why I don't want music.  I need to shut out the tv on the left of me which the guy on the treadmill has turned up loud because he's nearly deaf and the fitness coach to the right  of me who's giving instructions really, really loudly so his client can hear him over the tv.  One last question.  There's three buttons; one on the left ear cup and two on the right.  Any chance one of them is an on/off switch?  Or is the default always on?   I'd rather not have the headphones sitting the case running down the battery between workouts.

Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bridget.Rutty@gmail.com

On the Right ear cup you have one button for on/off/BT.  Tapping it turns on/off and holding it will put it into pairing mode (to pair a new device) and hold for longer to clear the BT list.

I think as default the auto off timer is also on ( probably 10 or 20 minutes)  so even if you leave them on, they'll go to sleep.

The other button will be your virtual assistant.

On the left is you noise cancelling presets, so that will cycle between levels 10, 5 and 0 as default

Bridget.Rutty@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Sorry to take so long to reply, got tied up in other stuff.  Retested with my tv after turning the headphones on.  It played a nice cord of music and told me to install the Bose music app.  Waited a minute and it said ready to connect.  Waited another minute and it said it again.  I presume there is no way get it to stop other than installing the app.  I did try changing the cancellation from 0 to 5 and then to 10 and external sounds were muffled more but not significantly.  I used the headphones in the gym without turning them on and so far I am able to shut out other sounds adequately.  Thank you so much, you've been a big help