Highlighted
Alecxske
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

Drop-outs and shuttering on Bose quietcomfort QC35 II

When I open my laptop and put the headphone on it connect rapidly what is good but when i then turn music on it shutters a lot and give drop-outs of 1-15sec. With my phone i have a smaller problem and there it shutters sometimes but not that much. I have already tried different things to fix it but I still have the problem.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: Drop-outs and shuttering on Bose quietcomfort QC35 II

Hi @Alecxske,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you're experiencing with your QuietComfort 35 ii headphones - that does seem quite unusual. 

You've mentioned experiencing dropouts when using your laptop and phone - could you specify what these are? Have you ensured the firmware is up-to-date on both of these devices?

You may have already tried these steps, but if you have not, I'd strongly recommend attempting a reset on the headphones and also clearing the pairing list.

Try that and let me know if things have improved!

Warm regards,
Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Alecxske
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

The drop-outs are that I hear for 1sec (till 5sec) music and then 1sec(till 10sec) i don't. It's the same with either Youtube or Spotify. 

I have updated the firmware already with both the app on the phone and the bose updater on the PC.

Resetting and clearing the pairing list I already tried and it didn't help. I have tried to figure out what the problem could be but nothing could fix it. I have also reinstalled the bluetooth driver on my pc but that didn't do anything either. Sometimes when a remove my device and reconnect it, it works but still 50% of the time.

Highlighted

Hi @Alecxske,

Thanks for further explaining your issue. From what you state it seems clear that you've tried the recommended troubleshooting without much improvement so again I apologize for that.

When did you start noticing the problem - did it happen ever since you first owned the headphones?

Warm regards,

Sam F

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Alecxske
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

Yes, since the beginning. My laptop is only 4 years old. I didn't have a problem with connecting other bluetooth devices like a speaker/mice etc. My girlfriend tried it and she didn't have the same problem with her laptop. 

Highlighted

Hi @Alecxske,

Thanks for letting me know.

What laptop did you test on and which laptop did your girlfriend test on? Have you tried testing multiple mobile devices to see which give you the drop-outs?

Also, how long have you had the headphones for?

Warm regards,

Sam F

Highlighted
Alecxske
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

I got a HP envy and she got a macbook pro. I got the headphones one week.

Highlighted

Thanks for updating Alecxske.

It does seem odd that the issue only occurs on your HP envy laptop - have you ever used Bluetooth headphones with this laptop before? Has there ever been a Bluetooth speaker/device that had trouble when connected?

When you're using these headphones with a mobile device, do you notice the same issue happening? Or, does it only ever happen when connected to your laptop?

Warm regards,

Sam F

Highlighted
Alecxske
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

Maybe I used the headphone of my girlfriend 1-2 times on my laptop before but without problem then.

I did not have problem with connecting other devices before. I don't have the same problem with my mobile device. Sometimes I have the same problem with her headphone on my laptop too.

Highlighted
Alecxske
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

With my mobile devise there are moments where the music stops for 0,5sec and it keeps doing it. I don't know what it could be, interfering signals or something, I tried to find what usually the reasons were but i could not fix it.