Mike Bee
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

Extension lead for my Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones

I'm looking for an extension leads for my Bose Noise Cancelling headphones to connect with my amplifier (regular phono connection). Any recommendations? Thanks Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Extension lead for my Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mike Bee

@Mike BeeI am using one right now with my QC35 as I type.  All you need to do is search on eBay for any extension with a male 3.5-in on one end and a female 3.5-inch on the other.  EBay has the largest selection, but I am certain you can find a solution (though probably a bit higher price) on Amazon.

I plug my extension into my Dell desktop and use the QC35s instead of my studio speakers (I a professional film composer).  My Dell Precision 7920 desktop (win10) does not have (or need) bluetooth.  Keep also in mind that the QC35 with BT is mainly for consumer environments.  I need to exactly synchronize music with the action in a film and with latency's that becomes problematic - hence I plug in with an extension.

P.S. - if your other connection has for example two analog RCA (red and white) connectors instead of a single female 3.5-in stereo mini plug connector - you will find that combination as well on ebay and Amazon.  In fact, pretty much any combination you can think of with a female 3.5-inch on one end to accomodate the wire coming from the headphones is likely available.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mike Bee

@Mike BeeI am using one right now with my QC35 as I type.  All you need to do is search on eBay for any extension with a male 3.5-in on one end and a female 3.5-inch on the other.  EBay has the largest selection, but I am certain you can find a solution (though probably a bit higher price) on Amazon.

I plug my extension into my Dell desktop and use the QC35s instead of my studio speakers (I a professional film composer).  My Dell Precision 7920 desktop (win10) does not have (or need) bluetooth.  Keep also in mind that the QC35 with BT is mainly for consumer environments.  I need to exactly synchronize music with the action in a film and with latency's that becomes problematic - hence I plug in with an extension.

P.S. - if your other connection has for example two analog RCA (red and white) connectors instead of a single female 3.5-in stereo mini plug connector - you will find that combination as well on ebay and Amazon.  In fact, pretty much any combination you can think of with a female 3.5-inch on one end to accomodate the wire coming from the headphones is likely available.

View solution in original post

Mike Bee
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

Many thanks for this Joel. Will look for one now.