Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Extremely low call quality on Bose QCii

Hi there, 

I have the Bose QC ii and the noise cancellation and music quality is great. However, when making calls, it's the opposite story. 9 out of 10 times I make a call, I end up having to disconnect my headphones and use the normal phone mic because the person on the other end of the line can hear the background noise around me much higher than my own voice. 

I ended up testing this by giving the headphones to my gf while setting in a normal noise level coffee shop, then went outside and called her. The result is that I could hear every single noise sound in the coffee shop, but not her voice. 

I even have a recording of the call to show how bad the call quality is. 

I am really frustrated with this problem and can't seem to find a solution anywhere. 

Best,

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Extremely low call quality on Bose QCii

Hello Gohary,

Thanks for messaging the community, we're glad to hear you're enjoying your QC35II Headphones. 

I'm sorry that you are experiencing some issues when it comes to using your headphones during calls. The microphone is tuned to pick up typical frequencies of a human voice. Microphone volume is automatically adjusted for softer or louder voices. In environments where a voice is in the background, that voice might be identified as a softer voice and made audible in the phone call. We're sorry if this feature is providing you with some problems. 

I would like to see if there are any ways we can help reduce this.

Does this occur when making calls across different mobile devices and across different call services?

Many thanks,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Hi tegan, 

Yes this keeps happening across mutiple devices and on various call services (roaming, local calls, What's app calls, and messanger). Is there a way to calibrate the mic to my voice so it doesn't confuse it as background ? 

Highlighted

Hi Gohary,

Thank you for your response. 

There is no way in which you can calibrate your voice to the headphone unfortunately. 

The most efficient way to get around this is simply by talking louder so the audio picked up by the microphone does not inadvertently boost distant sounds. By talking louder it allows the communication microphone to pick up your voice over background voices and/or sounds in the same frequency range. It’s important to note that mobile devices and cell networks may also perform automatic gain adjustments to the communication microphones’ audio path, try another mobile device and see if the far end audio improves.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. 

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.