Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 22, 2020

Faulty 'Power/Wireless' switch

Hi all

I'm interested in whether what I'm experiencing is more likely a faulty hardware issue or a software issue.  In short, the headphones function normally for a few minutes, and then seek to pair to another device, and then wipe the bluetooth device list.

I initially suspected a hardware issue as it is as if the 'Power/Bluetooth' switch is being slid over to Bluetooth.  In other words, for a few minutes the headphones work fine, then I hear voice prompts to the effect of "Pairing to another device" and then "Bluetooth Device List Cleared".  (I have updated the firmware, and done a factory reset.).  The real frustration is that once the bluetooth device list is cleared, I am disconnected from my device and then need to complete the arduous process of reconnecting.  This involves forgetting the earlier connected device, etc.

It seems as if the headphones have become faulty whereby the 'Power/Bluetooth' switch is no longer able to remain in the neutral position?  However, a similar issue has been described as a possible software issue (see the post: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC35-Keeps-Clearing-Bluetooth-List/td-p/20755...)?

Be grateful to hear if anyone else has had the same issue and, if so, how they were able to resolve it.

Thanks, Paul

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Faulty 'Power/Wireless' switch

Hey PaulRH, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue, I appreciate it must be frustrating. I too agree that this seems like a physical issue. Especially as you have tried all troubleshooting steps. I think that the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Customer Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.