RobertoSaltini
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

[Feature Request] - AWARE mode for the QC35 ii

There has been some discusson in the past about adding the AWARE (https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/using-aware-mode-qc20i.html) functionality to the Bose QC35 (ii): https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC35-Feature-Request-Aware-Mode/m-p/42628#M10464

Is there any plan on the implementation of this feature?

This is a very important functionlity that some Bose competitors such as Sennheise have: https://en-au.sennheiser.com/noise-cancelling-headphones-travel

55 REPLIES 55

Re: [Feature Request] - AWARE mode for the QC35 ii

Hi RobertoSaltini,

Thanks for the great question. The QC35 II does have the ability to adjust the level of ANC using the action button or the Bose connect app. Her is a video that might help.

Bose QuietComfort 35 II – Noise Cancellation Modes

Hope that helped and have a great day!

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

RobertoSaltini
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

Hi Tony,

ANC level adjustment is different fromt the AWARE functionality.

As stated below (taken form this webpage https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/using-aware-mode-qc20i.html) the AWARE functionlity amplifies the surrounding sounds. I can turn ANC off, but I cannot get the surrounding sound to be amplified so that I can clearly hear people speaking with me.

The AWARE functionlity appear to be automatically enabled while making a call but there is no way to enable it on demand.

"Bose® proprietary technology uses one of the microphones within the earbud to pick up surrounding sounds and send them to the user’s ear. This makes it possible for the user to hear what is going on around them while still listening to their audio. At the same time, Aware mode enhances the listening experience by maintaining a minimal amount of noise reduction to block certain background noises while still allowing the user to be aware of most ambient sounds."

spudsrus
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 5, 2018

I'll add my voice to this feature request.
I'm directing my recommendations to comparable sony headphones which do have the feature until it's implemented.

RobertoSaltini
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

What about the Sennheiser PXC-550?

Jannis
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 17, 2018

Hi,

Is there any update to this feature? The QC20 already got that and most of your competitiors offer it aswell.
I would love to see that for the qc35 ii, because right now I am unable to use them for example in traffic. Also it is available for phone calls, why not for listening to Audio? Turning off ANC is not enough.

Could you please implement this Feature to the qc35 ii!

Best regards
Community Manager

Hi Jannis

Thanks for writing in!  No word from development yet, but if we hear anything, we'll be sure to update the Community.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Easy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

Hey is there some news to the Topic?

I also wait for this feature.

When I connect the QC35ii to my PC i can activate Mics and speakers at the same time for the Headphone and i can hear all arround me amplyfied in the headphone. So the QC35ii is able to do it.  Is not hard to implement for the Smartphone app i guess.

So when will we have it? 😃

regards

Easy

ab33
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2018

Hello 

Agree it would be a wonderful feature adding AWARE mode on demand

Thank you @RobertoSaltini for this great suggestion

Highlighted

Hello Easy! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

This request has been forwarded to our development teams. There is still no news, but we'll be sure to update the Community if that changes! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support