[Feature Request] - AWARE mode for the QC35 ii

Audible Advocate

Re: [Feature Request] - AWARE mode for the QC35 ii

We've been requesting this simple feature on this forum for two years now. Still no progress? Is the engineering team working on it?

Quiet Contributor

I also really would like AWARE mode to be added to the QC35ii. I have a hard time understanding how the development of such an option would be a difficult undertaking due to the fact that it is already utilized during calls. I would really love if you could add this option in the list of things controlled by the action button. I really have no use for toggling between ANC High, Low and Off. I would much rather have the option to quickly pause music/audio and switch to AWARE mode using the action button. This is due to the fact that people often come over to my desk for quick questions. Other products such as the SONY WH-1000XM3's and Microsoft Surface headphones have this feature.

Is Bose's engineering team really incapable of implementing this feature after all this time, or do they really value their customers requests so little? Both of these paint a very bad picture for BOSE. 

We arent asking you guys to develop some unheard of technology, this is a tech that many of your competitors provide, and one that YOU ALREADY UTILIZE DURING CALLS!!!

Get your stuff together BOSE!!!

Silent Starter

It's crazy that this feature hasn't been added, when they enable it on the QC35ii when making phone calls. On top of that every compeditor offers the AWARE feature. Come on BOSE!

Hi Brosnaj6, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I have raised this feature request again and will update this thread as soon as I have an update. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Silent Starter

Just purchased the bose qc35 ii and allthough i am very happy with the purchase i made aware mode is something that i do need and want....

I stragled a lot choosing an ANC headphone but the "kings" Sony wh-1000m3 and bose qc35 ii were the ones i was most debating about.

And the a big win in sony's regard is the aware mode. (although i still purchase the bose qc35 ii)

Bose this can be implemented through a firmware update as there is "aware" mode while on a call, and it will help you stay on the lead of ANC headphones

Highlighted

Hello Nikanel,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

Thanks for contributing and I hope this benefits the community.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,

Prince O

Silent Starter

I would like to further request this feature as I have kids and am in many other senarios where this is a must. Thank you!
Friendly Fanatic

Now we know why Bose was reluctant to add this feature to the QC35 ii... They wanted to put some pressure on people to buy their upcoming new model... https://www.cnet.com/news/hands-on-with-boses-new-noise-cancelling-headphones-700/

A bit sneaky eh? I guess once you're known for quality sound you take it for granted that customers will just keep buying the brand name. Well as a soon to be engineer I'm going to keep this in mind the next time I think about buying Boso sound products.

Audible Advocate

I completely agree with everyone on this. Particularly when they appear to have this feature unlock once you invest in other 'hardware'

https://support.google.com/jacquard/answer/9017607?hl=en

First time Bose customer, most likely my last time. And I'll mostlikely resonate this feedback with my friends and family.  I would imagine, atleast the people on this board will do the same. Likewise, i think this will probably be moderated out but regardless, I'm sure this is going through everyone's mind. I was in the market for headphone, and bought Jabra shortly after for the wife - passthrough feature is amazing. I was debating to go with Sony before my purchase of Bose, I now regret making this decision.

Friendly Fanatic

This is getting ridiculous now. Bose are spitting in the faces of loyal customers here.
Will never buy another Bose product in my life, nor will any of my family if I have anything to say about it, which I will.

You can stuff your intentionally substandard headphones and you can bet I'll be trashing them in favour of a pair of Sony's or any other number of competitors who do right by their customers at the next chance I get.