Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Re: Feature Request Bose NCH 700 (Equalizer)

I had the black NCH 700 headphones, and the app had the equalizer function.  However, they locked up (LED blinking red & white) so Bose replaced them with warranty.  I replaced them with a silver pair, and now the equalizer function is gone.  

What happened?!?

Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

@jspaceaspace I’m new to this community, and 10 days ago bought 700’s for my wife and myself, only to run into the firmware issue detailed on this forum.  I was not happy.  It seems like Bose ran into firmware issues with the addition of the 1.4.* firmware earlier this year that had added the equalizer to these headphones.  A lot of users also posted problems with the music app, which we also have had. I think Bose pulled the firmware last week and set people up for an automatic downgrade to a more stable 1.3.1 version.  That is what ours did, without our consent, as we set them up. Then some users whose 700’s have bricked were last week given access to a rewritten 1.4* firmware, without the equalizer capability.  This week they released a new Bose Music app that restored connect ability to my 700’s at least.  I suspect they will work hard to eliminate the bugs in short order and get back to where they hoped to be last February.  

The whole thing is really surprising and disappointing to me.  But the difficulties are so widespread (judging from the posts here and on reddit) that I would not be surprised to see a class action lawsuit come of it.  And then there is Sony - whose new WH 1000 mx4 headphones are due out this Friday - and Apple - whose over ear headphones are overdue.  *Lots* of pressure on Bose to get this fixed, and get it done soon.

We have another week or two to return ours, but will wait to see what happens.  If the firmware or app fail again, I’ll return them while I can and try the Sonys. If it stays stable, we will probably wait.  Other than the app and firmware issues, we are pleased with them.  But the firmware and app issues are essential to what these headsets are advertised to do, as we all know. 

HTH

Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2020

where is this EQ setting im on an iPhone XS MAX and i have both bose apps and I Certainly dont see this EQ settings, is there something I might have done wrong?

Hi Hely Sandoval,

Thanks for reaching out. 

To access the EQ feature firmware version 1.4.12 is required on your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

Do note at this time, if you are not currently upgraded to 1.4.12 it is not possible to update to receive this feature at this time as the downloading of this firmware has been momentarily paused. You can read more about this HERE.

If you have any further questions let us know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2020

Hi

when will the download with the equalizer function be available again?

Just got a new 700s but updates does not include the equalizer function.