Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Feature Request: Equalizer in Bose app

It would be really nice if Bose App for IOS/Android can provide equalizer to control the sound as user's liking. Really miss that feature coming from a known competitor. Hope to see this soon. I am IOS user, at least for now 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Feature Request: Equalizer in Bose app

Hey there!

I appreciate your interest in a fully-fledged equalizer within our applications - but we like letting our systems do the talking.

However, you do have the option to control bass, treble and channel leveling - depending on the system that you own (and the app in use). I'd love to help you out and advise you on the features that may interest you within our applications. Would you be able to let me know what Bose system you have?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

This is QC35 II headphones. I don't think the headphones have a way to set bass/vocal/etc. Also, on iphone equalizer setting would only work for the IOS music app but not 3rd party apps such as spotify or pandora. Hence the request. I am at least aware of one competitor whose app has real good setting capabilities such as equalizer, acoustics etc. Was really looking forward to Bose to get benefit it best sound and best setting according to user's requirement.

Highlighted

Hi DJ,

Thank you for confirming the Bose product you own. You are correct - I should've stated the bass/treble/vocal adjustment was purely for our Soundbar/Home Speaker systems through the Bose Music app, not for the QC35 II headphones you own.

It's great to hear feedback and to let you know, a feature request has been submitted to look at the possible addition of this tool. In the meantime, what music service do you find yourself using the most? Personally, I'm a fan of the Spotify equalizer - I've found it to be a great option for adjusting my listening experience. I see you're also aware of this option - what do you think of that particular equalizer?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Thanks for considering my request. Appreciate it. Yes spotify equalizer is good.

However, as a consumer, personally, I like the sony headphones connect's equalizer and acoustics feature. The idea here is to tune the headphones with the brand's app i.e. Bose app in this case irrespective of which app is used for playing music.