NickDrouin
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

Feature Request: NC 700 Headphones audio feedback when cycling NC Favorite with Voice Prompt off

Title: Provide audio feedback when cycling NC Favorite with Voice Prompt off

Feature:  As a user who prefers Voice Prompts off, I need feedback that I have switched favorites.

Design goal: All user interactions should have a positive confirmation. 

Exit Criteria 1: The headset should produce a tone when clicking the NC Favorites hardware button

Exit Criteria 2: The tone produced should be differentiated based on the level of NC applied, or the NC Favorite index.

Exit Criteria 3: The tone should be very short and mixed with the audio.

Exit Critera 4: The app should have a tristate for Prompts: Voice, Tone, None.

Impact / work-around: User is unsure of which favorite they have selected, no workaround.

2 REPLIES 2
NickDrouin
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

Feature Request: NC 700 Headphones lack audio ducking during Voice Prompts

Title: Implement audio mixing and ducking during voice prompts

Feature:  As a user of PC and Phone telephony, my audio can't cut out while I switch NC Favorites using the hardware switch.

Details: Most audio stacks that support mixed input sources implement audio ducking for notifications. 

Exit Criteria 1: The headset should mix the voice prompt with the current input.

Exit Criteria 2: The headset should duck the current audio to 50% while playing back the voice prompt

Impact / work-around: Turn off voice prompts because they interrupt both audio playback and the mic. 

Highlighted

Re: Feature Request: NC 700 Headphones audio feedback when cycling NC Favorite with Voice Prompt off

Hello NickDrouin, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed feature request, I will ensure that I pass it onto the development team. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support