Highlighted
darrenk
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Bose NC 700 doesn't work properly with Windows 10 PC

The hunk of junk I recently bought for 600AUD doesn't work with my PC properly.

The buggy piece of *Edited by moderator* will not play audio when I open certain programs. It used to work after turning the device on and off 20 times but not anymore.

I want a software update to fix this up now.

Highlighted

Re: Bose NC 700 doesn't work properly with Windows 10 PC

Hello darrenk, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having issues when using your Noise Canceling 700 headphones with your Windows 10 PC and would love to assist you with this. 

To start with, it would be helpful to know which apps or programs you are using when the headphones do not play audio and how you are connected to the laptop. This way I can look further into the issue and try and replicate it here to provide troubleshooting steps. 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
pmallin7
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 doesn't work properly with Windows 10 PC

I reached out to Bose and their response was that the headphones do not work well with computers, only mobile devices (see attached screenshot).  It's ridiculous since I bought these specifically for conference calls with my work.  I am switching to Jabra until they can get it sorted out.  Really disappointed in Bose not addressing the issue, it has been well over three months that I have had dropped calls and the microphone randomly stops mid call.... Also, the crackling that happens in a call randomly is annoying as well.IMG_1150.png

Highlighted
iSuck S
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Connection issues Bose NCH 700

Hello,

When I turn on the headphones and it connects to my PC and my phone at the same time, and is playing audio from the PC the connection is very bad. It cracks and about every second it stops the audio for a very short time and this is very frustrating. This stops when I turn off the bluetooth on my phone, but the only reason I bought these headphones over the Sonys is, that it should be able to have 2 connections at one time, but I'm having huge trouble with it. 

I would be very thankful if that could be fixed, or someone could help me fixing it.

Thanks

Highlighted
iSuck S
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Re: Connection issues Bose NCH 700

I would like to add a further description of what I'm hearing. It's kind of a crackling sound as if the signals were disturbed, like at a walkie talkie

Highlighted
Mr J
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 17, 2019

Same problems I am experiencing. 

I am going to start listing the Bluetooth devices in the rooms I am in.

Example

When I watch TV wearing the 700's my phone can't be in the room if my wife has her QC35's on when using her lap top.

Very annoying I am starting to wish I got the Sony headphones.

Highlighted
Lwrcs_neil
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

I'm having issues when connected to two devices as well, except with an iOS and Android device. The iPad pro constantly crackles unless I disconnect from the Android phone.

iSuck S
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Thats exactly what Im having now, too. So its not only with windows and android, its also with ios and andoid. I will be returning the bose and keep my sonys