Highlighted
YesterdaY
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Few problems for NC-700

1. There is cracking sound while I connected the headphone to both iPhone and my windows 10 PC. It happens pretty often, which annoys me. There is no cracking sound when I only connect to the phone.

2. The voice assistant for Google and Alexa doesn't work when my phone lanaguage is Chinese even I live in US and my account location also sets to US. (it says these two are not available according to my location. I mean WHAT?)

3. I am unable to connect to the voice assistant even Google assistant detected my headphone. It says "Can't connect".

4. The bootup and shut down sound are pretty loud. Please provide a setting to disable them.

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
huck5
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Re: Few problems for NC-700

Have the same problem.  Does it happen when you move the mouse on your Windows 10 PC?  I have a bluetooth mouse, and I can replicate the problem.  

Highlighted

Hello YesterdaY,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having these problems with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700's. I will do my best to support you with this matter. 

Does the crackling happen when you are only connected to your Windows 10 PC? Also, does this occur when connected via the audio cable?

Although you may be in the US, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa are not available in Chinese. As your phone language is set to Chinese, this is most likely the reason the assistant is stating it is not available.

I'll also be happy to send a feature request to have these tones disabled to our development team. 

@huck5 Thank you for your input. 

Are you just connected to your Windows 10 PC? Or plus another device? 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
cbradley
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Ditto on the request to disable to the boot up/down indication noise.

Highlighted
YesterdaY
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Does the crackling happen when you are only connected to your Windows 10 PC? Also, does this occur when connected via the audio cable?

Actually no, it only has that sound when I connect to two devices. Disconnect from either phone or pc will stop the problem. And I connected within bluetooth.

Although you may be in the US, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa are not available in Chinese. As your phone language is set to Chinese, this is most likely the reason the assistant is stating it is not available.

Well, my point is the software shouldn’t disable the other assistants because of my system language setting...it should be working according to my current location. I have no problem using English voice assistant, but I have to change my phone language in order to use the assistant. Also you forgot to answer my question of unable to connect to the assistant even I changed the language to connect.
Highlighted
huck5
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

@Charlotte_G - same, when connected to two devices, one of which is Windows 10.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi there @huck5 and @YesterdaY,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I'm sorry to hear of the continued issues that you've had here. This sounds like there are either intermittent connection issues, or issues with interference.

As this is only happening when connected to the two devices through Bluetooth, what audio is being played when you hear this crackling? Is this crackling heard intermittently, or in specific circumstances? Do you hear this crackling audio when you are listening to the audio from the PC, audio from the mobile device, or when changing between these?

With regards to interference, can I ask if there is another Bluetooth device in this setup that may be transmitting a wireless interference, such as a Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard, a nearby Wireless Router/Access point, or a Radio? 

Please return to me when you can so I can follow up and ensure that this is resolved!

Liam W

Highlighted
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Change your phone to English if you want to use Google or Alexa.  This is not a Bose issue.

Highlighted
YesterdaY
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Nah, it is just dumb that the app determines if Google or Alexa is usable by system language, not current location or app language.

Highlighted
YesterdaY
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

The cracking sound happened even there is nothing playing. If the music is playing, the cracking sound will out-play the music, which is more annoying. The cracking happened whenever both devices have application having sound or something. Some applications start on my pc also cause the cracking. And I don't think other device beside those 2 devices will affect this issue. It might be just a software issue.