Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Few problems for NC-700

@YesterdaY wrote:

Nah, it is just dumb that the app determines if Google or Alexa is usable by system language, not current location or app language.

That's exactly how it should work.  Your location should not control how it works if Google and Alexa don't support your language.  It should be language based if that is how Google and Alexa do it.  Why would it make sense to do it otherwise?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

No, I mean if the app can set the language to English, I would, but there is no setting for it. Then I have to sacrify the whole system app language just for one app? It is always a requirement that app should not requires users to make big change to use its function. If Google and Alexa aren't available in other language. Then give me a setting to let me use the English version directly, not just attend to disable it right away.

And even the app shows Google isn't availble while my system language is Chinese. The assistant app still pop up for connection to the headphone, but I failed to connect at the first place.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

@YesterdaY wrote:

No, I mean if the app can set the language to English, I would, but there is no setting for it. Then I have to sacrify the whole system app language just for one app? It is always a requirement that app should not requires users to make big change to use its function. If Google and Alexa aren't available in other language. Then give me a setting to let me use the English version directly, not just attend to disable it right away.

And even the app shows Google isn't availble while my system language is Chinese. The assistant app still pop up for connection to the headphone, but I failed to connect at the first place.

--

But Bose connects to the app to make the feature work on the headphones. So how would this be a Bose issue if they're just using Google's app to provide the assistant? They have no control over how the Google Assistant app works...

Bottom line - take this up with Google, not Bose.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Maybe you didn’t face this issue. The assistant app tried to prompt to connect, but it just failed. The bose music doesn’t even allow to choose google assistant. It is Bose’s fault not google. Bose app doesn’t even attempt to allow use of english version of the google assistant, but the assistant app attempted to try connecting.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

So the google assistant app is working for you right now even without connecting to the headphones??

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

nah, i think the bose app doesn’t allow google assistant, so the headphone refuses the connection from the google assistant app.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

@YesterdaY wrote:

nah, i think the bose app doesn’t allow google assistant, so the headphone refuses the connection from the google assistant app.

But you didn't answer my question. Does the Google Assistant work for you by itself or not? 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

Hi @Liam_W ,

I just received my headphones last week and also have the issue with cracking noice when connected to both Android phone and Windows 10 PC. There is cracking from time to time when nothing is playing, and if i start listening to anything on the PC it is cracking pretty much all the time. If I then switch to the phone there is no cracking. Then when I switch back it sometimes work well from PC, but not every time.

It seems to me there is some issue for the headphones regarding the connection to Win 10 PC when connected to another device. If i disconnect the phone I don't experience the issue. 

Please have a look at this since it really is a dealbreaker for me if I cant use the headphones for work on PC while also being connected to the phone for calls.

*Update* I tried disconnecting my Android phone and instead having the headphones connected to my work iPhone and Win10 PC and have not experienced the issue since. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Also, if using the headsets with Zoom, WebEx, or Hangouts on a Windows 10 PC, the headsets will not recognize that they are actually being used, and will turn themselves off.   I had to extend the time out to hours to ensure I could make it through a meeting.  Pretty annoying.  

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

As this is only happening when connected to the two devices through Bluetooth, what audio is being played when you hear this crackling?

Answer: I can not being playing anything and will hear the crackling.  Or play any music app and still hear crackling, it is persistent. 

Is this crackling heard intermittently, or in specific circumstances?

Answer: When the two devices are connected to Android and Windows 10

Do you hear this crackling audio when you are listening to the audio from the PC, audio from the mobile device, or when changing between these?

Answer: when connected to both devices at the same time.  

With regards to interference, can I ask if there is another Bluetooth device in this setup that may be transmitting a wireless interference, such as a Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard, a nearby Wireless Router/Access point, or a Radio? 

Answer: Turned off some other devices and still have the issue.  

In addition, the Bose 700 doesn't recognize it is being used in the computer when using zoom, WebEx, or Google Hangouts.  I had to extend the device timeout in order to make it through calls.  Also, the device will automatically connect to my phone if I toggle the phone off within the Bose app on my phone, when connected to my PC.