kristen_alexis
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Final Pairing Prompt Not Working with Pixel and Headphones

When I'm trying to pair my new Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 to my Google Pixel (1), I'm getting stuck at the push notification saying that I'm connected to the headphones and need to tap to finish set-up. When I tap, it's re-prompting me to connect, and following the next steps leads to my disconnecting the headphones instead. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this?

The 10 noise-cancelling setting is also lower than I expected and isn't cutting out as much noise - does anyone have advice on this as well?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kristen_alexis
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Re: Final Pairing Prompt Not Working with Pixel and Headphones

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Sam_F

Thank you! What ultimately worked was uninstalling the Music app - my feedback for Bose would be to take away the prompts in the set-up materials that suggest connecting to it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_F

Hey @kristen_alexis,

That must be quite a pain - sorry to hear what's happening. 

Have you been able to try setting up on a different device to see if this issue persists? Alternatively, try uninstalling the Bose Music app, clear the pairing list as shown HERE and then try connecting to the app once more. Please let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
kristen_alexis
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Sam_F

Thank you! What ultimately worked was uninstalling the Music app - my feedback for Bose would be to take away the prompts in the set-up materials that suggest connecting to it. 

View solution in original post

Pasha89
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2021

Bose NC 700 blue 

Latvia

Firmware Version  -  dont know 

App Version -  4.2.4

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Google Pixel 5 with last 11 Android version

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: 

1) Bose Music app finding my phone, pairing, connecting,

2) see label: we are almost there.

3) later - connection failed, please try again.

Thats it.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took