Highlighted
glozanomoran
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Re: Firmware Downgrade QC35

What kind of messed up reset procedure is this? So possibly each time I connect my headset to a charger and decide after a couple of seconds that I don't want to charge I am basically resetting the headset??

scrik
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

"This is due to the significant level of difficulty/complexity of compatibility testing multiple devices with a large number of older firmware versions."

It would be brilliant if Bose would test their latest firmware before they released it, then people wouldn't need to downgrade. My QC35ii's are unusable for watching movies after upgrading. The shoddy software and unresponsiveness from Bose on the issue tell my I shouldn't buy Bose products in the future.

Salesshark
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

I have the QC35 ll and after the latest firmware 4.3.2 the ANC is a lot less effective.  It prompted me when I was working out and I accidentally selected update without wanting to update.  I've have too many experiences where updates cause issues, plus I was happy with how the worked.  Since, I cannot backdate my custom ordered QC35 ll, can you explain in technical detail what the firmware update corrected/added?

JBraun
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

I have the QC35i for several years now and was 100% happy with them and the NC they provided on airplanes when I travel.  Unfortunately I got the upgrade fever when I saw there was an upgrade tool and upgraded them about a year ago (no idea what version it was on) and shortly after I noticed that now I can hear a lot more people talking on the plane.  It's as if the update was to accommodate some sort of legislation that you can't block out all sound as it's a safety hazard.  I don't expect Bose to acknowledge this, but it is my opinion this is what happened, and why they won't allow you to go back.  Blocking out everything is now viewed as "bad" because if someone tries talking to you, you may not hear them, I mean what could happen in an emergency?!?!?!  **bleep**, isn't that why I bought these very expensive headphones?  I think the firmware blocks out certain frequencies but the range around the typical human voice is cancelled less than it used to, IMHO.

I've just today updated to 3.0.3, but I don't expect it to go back to how it used to be.

I agree, it would be wonderful if I could get the original firmware put back on my QC's.  I'd give them 5 stars originally, but now I'd only give 3.5 as the NC just isn't there.

oxymoroner
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

I'm still on 2.5.5

scared to used the bose app, and will not update my firmware.

@bose fix this ANC please