Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janoldenburg
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2017

Re: Firmware Update Tips when using Bose Connect

It would be helpful if the updater app gave some sort of indication of progress. As it is, it's hard to know if it is working or just charging!

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi alex_t,

Thanks for reaching out. If you are using the Bose connect app, you would still have to click on the "Update button" to push the update to your headset

Here is a link that covers more of the updating process.

Hope that helped,

Tony-Community Support

alex_t
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Hello Tony_G.

Thank you for the tip it helped much.

I believe that a setting in the app allowing to cancel the update feature would be nice. In my opinion updating through bluetooth is really unreliable, I'm not saying this for Bose device but for all device whatever the brand.

pjdanderson
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

One really great thing would have been if you'd told me you were updating my firmware when I installed Bose Connect.  All I got was a message "Your product is updating on another device", which is more or less meaningless.

pjdanderson
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

Thank you for this information.  MUCH better than trying to do it through Bose Connect

hfmosquera
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2018

I have the same problem with iphone 7 ios 11.2.6; i can connect to bluetooth, but i cann't  use the Bose connect software; "we need bluetooth in order to work our magic"

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out!  I'm sorry to hear that the Connect app isn't working for you.

My iPhone 7 running 11.2.6 also has difficulty connecting to the app at times.  Have you tried deleting the app then reinstalling it?

I hope that you enjoy your weekend!

Please take care,

Shiloh - Community Support 

jotlaptop
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2018

I navigate to btu.bose.com, start the device updater.  As it requests, I plug in my QC35ii headset, using the USB-to-microUSB cable.   Immediately the LED on the headset blinks yellow, and BoseConnect (on my nearby Android phone) warns me Whoops...the qc35 disconnected.   And then, nothing.  no change.  no indication of any download.  No part of this page seems clickable (screenshot below here).   Oh yes, my qc35 is fully charged, and appears to work fine otherwise, though firmware is still at v1.0.6

[photo upload failed, so I copy the relevant text here, rather than the screenshot]

url=btu.bose.com/?p=16396#section=deviceprep

The Bose® Updater is ready

Connect your Bose® product to your computer using a micro USB cable.

Questions that I cannot find in your documentation:

1- what is the meaning of yellow-blinking on the headset?

2- what should happen now, regarding the firmware update?  should the screen display something different?  do I just wait for an hour? 

Quite frustrating to have so little referential indication of progress (though the drawings are cute).

By the Way, your forum page invites "Photos", but refuses them, claiming invalid HTML found in the message body (really, I only inserted a .PNG screenshot)

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi jotlaptop,

Thanks for posting. To answer your question in order,

1.  The blinking light usually indicates that the unit is charging.

2.  If the update is stuck I would contact your local Bose support for assistance.

Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Gerk
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 25, 2018

Took me almost 90 minutes last night to run the firmware update or 1.4.5 to my Soundsport Free, running an iPhone 7 Plus with latest iOS updates.  I had the earbuds right beside my phone, force killed every other process on the phone I could and didn't touch it for the duration (until I had to click the install firmware button near the end -- which is a total UX fail IMHO).  Sadly this seems to be the only option for updates for me because the web page doesn't seem to support either my hardware or my macbook pro ... I'm literally aghast that this process takes so long.  I feel like it's the 90s all over again and I'm trying to download firmwware updates over serial at 9600 baud.  No, I take that back ... because at 9600 baud it would have been more stable and probably faster.