galaturka
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Firmware Update for Bose 700 - Equalizer Menu in Music App

Dear all,

Bose 700 sounds nice and firm, but sometimes as a customer, I want to adjust bass levels for some trucks. I understand that Bose has a specific sound-signature, on the other hand customer expectations should also be considered by Bose, I think.

Do you have any official schedule to update Music app including EQ ?

Many thanks for doing great job.  

10 REPLIES 10
Keith_L

Re: Firmware Update for Bose 700 - Equalizer Menu in Music App

Hello galaturka,

We do not currently have any information about upcoming updates to share with you. I will, however, pass your feedback along to our engineering team so we have a record of your interest in this feature and can see if it might be something that is being worked on, or we are able to add going forward.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Kind regards,

Keith - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
bean121
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

This request has been raised countless times. It is inexcusable that Bose does not at least confirm if it will happen and by when (together with the white noise). As a reminder to all, the Bose 700 were announced with these two specific features to be released in the coming months. And nowhere since then has Bose commented on them, other than escalate to the team.

DanielAnd87
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Hi Keith and thank you for your answer,

I am waiting for my Bose NCH700 to be delivered soon and I am getting increasingly worried by the lack of communication and care from Bose's side towards their customers. I think the community people including yourself are very nice and polite and I understand that this is a management and corporate culture issue. why I am worried? because I have browsed a lot of bose forums, this and third party forums like reddit etc, and there is such a lack of any concrete answers about anything. there seems to be a serious problem when it comes to fixing, or at least communicating about, issues or suggestions that customers really value like the equalizer in app. These are things that Bose have get right in this hugely competitive market.

I am writing this because it is an absolute shame that a company like Bose that makes great products can totally neglect their customers where your competitors like Sony are actually listening and acting on customer requests. 

so my question is:

surely you can ask someone in the chain of commands that can at least let us, the ones who paid 400€ for your products, if this equalizer feature is ever gonna come? it is a big deal to me and A LOT of other owners/potential owners.

again, thank you Keith, I think you moderators are great and I understand that the problem is beyond your control! and sorry for the long post 🙂

Looking forward to your answer,

BR

bean121
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

I second this. This is not a feature, the product was advertised with this as coming in the next months. As such there should be status updates of when, not if.

If this is cancelled, then we want our money back.

cybernion
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2018

I am hard-of-hearing and an equalizer in the KC 700 headphones would really improve my life.  When the press came out for the new headphones in June last year it was announced in all the reviews that an equalizer would be coming "in a few months" in the Bose App.  That is one of the main reasons I bought the KC 700's.  Now, it is March of 2020, and we are all still waiting for some news about the equalizer feature we were expecting.

Christianbaltz
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Just an update for any new people on this comment section. The Bose Music app has sense been updated, and the Bose hp 700s have a new update that you can get in the app that comes with the eq feature. Happy bass boosting everyone!

Puitas
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2020

I agree with Daniel, I am so dissapointed that when I listen to different type of music I sm unable to control the bass and the trebble levels. I purchased recently a Bose NC headpones 700 and i have an issue with the Battery level, it never charged again to the 20 hours advertised battery life. I returned and the new one not only has the same issue but the updated Bose music did not recognized  it. After searching for a solution I read in one of the forums that the way that bose solved the battery issue was by cancelling the equalizer in the updated Bose Music app. I would like to know if that is true or not before I ask for a refund. 

Charlotte_G

@Puitas The EQ has not been canceled. The firmware update that included this has been paused, due to the unrelated issues that we reported by a small number of users. Our engineering team and still working on resolving this. You can leave your email HERE and be notified when the new update is ready. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Puitas
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2020

Thank you Charlotte for your updated. Are you talking about the Bose Music firmware 3..5.5 this is the latest version that I have downloaded. It will be great to have this issue of the equalizer solved  The headphones without this feature is not providing a good sound quality feature, even thou Bose claims that the bass and trebble are automatically set up. If you listen to Jazz and a classic or pop song the sound is not the same and adjusting these features make a grest difference, At this time I don’t know if this price headphones are worthy. Thsnk you again for your response.