Highlighted
TXLong
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Flutter During Airplane Landing

I have read other posts regarding Airplane takeoff crackling, but that is not what I am experiencing. My issue is upon landing of a plane. It seems to be somehow connected to the reverse thrust of the plane. The sensation is a 'fluttering' in my ears and it is more of a actual feeling of the sensation than it is a sound of crackling. I have had many other headphones and never experienced this.

I fly a great deal so I have tried to narrow as much as I can. I have only owned the 700s for a few weeks and love the sound quality. I have downloaded the latest firmware (the Bose app is not a good experience). So now I am looking for ideas and/or assistance.

9 REPLIES 9
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Flutter During Airplane Landing

Ignore it.  You only land once on each flight and that's just a few seconds.  Why is this a problem?

TXLong
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Ha! Well you make a good point...plus it massages my eardrums as well, what was I thinking...it is an additional benefit. Perhaps it can be added to the app...oh, wait...you can't adjust any of the sound attributes...

Hi TXLong, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing, this is not normal behavior.

Can you tell me if your headphones function normally otherwise? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

TXLong
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Thank you for your response.

There are no other instances where this happens. It is only on landing of an aircraft. And only after touchdown and reverse thrust.

Otherwise I have had no other issues. Please let me know of any corrective measures, etc. They were purchased at Best Buy about 2 weeks ago.

Thank you

Hi TXLong, 

Thank you for coming back to me! 

There isn't anything I can suggest at this time as we haven't had any other reports of the issue. 

I have informed the team so they are aware. In the meantime, I would recommend contacting Best Buy to see if you can get an exchange in your return period. Otherwise, our team will be more than happy to help! Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'.

I hope this helps! I'm sorry I couldn't be of greater assistance to you at this time. 

If there is anyone else in the Community who are experiencing the same issue, please chime in here. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

SamJ
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Hi There,

I have also experienced this exact issue.  On landing roll out when the engines are in reverse thrust, the NC 'flutters', which is a little uncomfortable.  Brand new 700s.

I would liken it to the sensation on the earlier models when a fan or air vent blew over the NC microphones.

Didn't happen with earlier QCs or my A20s.  Cheers.

Hi SamJ, 

Thank you for joining the thread and for the information you have provided. 

I will add this to the information we have supplied to the development team. 

I would recommend resetting the headphones. I have included a LINK HERE to assist you with how to do this. 

Let me know how it goes or if it improves your experience.

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

SamJ
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Hi Jessie,

Thanks for the prompt reply.  It looks like this experience is repeated in the following thread:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-700-Headphones-Speaker-Rattling/m-p/2445...

That is the experience I am describing (and I think the OP is describing).  In my (amateur) opinion it feels like a ANC issue, given the pressure discomfort in the ear when it happens.

I look forward to a resolution.  Cheers

TXLong
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Hi Jessie,

Yes, I would agree with SamJ and the information he found in the additional link. It is the same sensation.

Thank you and I will try the reset you have suggested for good measure.