Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

Forum needs a 'feedback' section for bugs. What is "five oh eight" and why is it forbidden?

Why does the forum forbid the term "five oh eight" written out numerically, as in the screenshot below?  This was a timestamp in some code produced by Bose's own logging utility.  I had to fudge the time to 509 to get past the filter.

There needs to be a forum subsection for general quality issues or bug reports.  

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 11.10.13 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

Re: Forum needs a 'feedback' section for bugs. What is "five oh eight" and why is it forb

I have a suspicion that this might be a swear filter gone awry.

Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

Re: Forum needs a 'feedback' section for bugs. What is "five oh eight" and why is it forb

@Wayne_M , would you care to comment on this please?

Lead Community Manager

@theirongiant Thanks for this. You should be able to use the term 508 again, and as you expected this was a filter that needed to be adjusted.

Appreciate the feedback regarding a section for quality issues and bugs. We're always looking at ways we can improve the community, and will consider this. In the meantime I would definitely recommend you post this sort of feedback on the relevant product help board, as we do monitor and pass this sort of feedback along.

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!