Highlighted
Acho
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

GC35 connects while off

Headphones connect to my phone even while the headphones are off. This keep draining the battery in the headphones. I have to turn on the headphones, then turn them back off for any audio to start playing on my phone again. This started up a few weeks ago. I've made updates to the software and still won't fix it. Anyone else having this same issue?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: GC35 connects while off

Hello Acho,

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am sorry that you are experiencing a connectivity issue with your headphones. Thanks for trying some troubleshooting, these were good initial steps to perform!

When you state GC35 are you meaning QC35 (QuietComfort 35) headphones? I would just like to ensure we are providing you information about the correct product. 

When you switch your headphones off, are there any LED indications still on? 

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Acho
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Hi Tegan, 

yes the LED light stays on after I turn the headphones off. I tried to reset the headphones but that did not solve the issue. 

Hey Acho, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on this! I am deeply sorry to hear that your issue still persists after the reset. 

As you are still having this issue after attempting all of the steps we would recommend for an issue like this, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

If any other users are also having this issue and have attempted the steps above, please do reach out to our customer support team. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B