Zeku
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2021

Game sounds muffled with the Bose QC35 ii

Bose product name: Bose QC35 ii

Firmware Version: 7.0.27.4971 ?

App Version: 15.0

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
Windows 10, PC

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

The music or any audio in a video game sounds very muffled. The headphone works fine when listening to music on Spotify or watching videos on YouTube. But in a video game, everything sounds like I was playing the game underwater. I was playing Rocket League and the sound of the car hitting the ball is suppose to make a loud "pop" noise in game but that sound is so muffled it don't even exist. This happens as soon as I launch into the game. I know there are two profiles, hands-free and stereo, I disabled the hands-free one and only use stereo. I don't use the aux because that makes the sound quality lower. I use a Blue Yeti mic as a my primary microphone so I don't use the mic on the headphone. I tested with the 3 choices for noise canceling and nothing is different. 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Quiet room

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Ever since I got the headphones 2 days ago, I tested it in many games and all sounded muffled. Tested with music and those were fine.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

None

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_W

Re: Game sounds muffled with the Bose QC35 ii

Hello Zeku, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community forums.

I would love to help you to try and get this fixed, but first I need to know more about your set up. Can I please ask how you are connected to your gaming console, what console you are using and the specs of the console?

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Zeku
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2021

Re: Game sounds muffled with the Bose QC35 ii

I connect my headphone to my pc through Bluetooth and that is the same for my phone too. 

I only use my computer as a gaming console

The specs are 

Motherboard: Gigabyte motherboards GA-B250M-EVO

CPU: i7 7700K 

GPU: GTX 1660 Super

Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3200MHz C16 DDR4

Power supply: RM 750x

Microphone: Blue Yeti USB microphone 

Dongle: Onvian USB 

Also, when I go to device manager, the bluetooth section has:

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM protocol TDI)

Myheadphone