rajatch
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

Getting Bose NC 700 to play Audio via stereo as well as Hands-free in Windows PC

I have Bose NC 700 connected to my Windows 10 PC. I see two audio output options in Windows Sounds Settings 

Bose Sound Settings Windows PC.PNG

So I believe the 1st one is for Music and the 2nd one is for MS-Teams-calls. I was trying the following

1. Join a Teams meeting and it picks the Bose Hands-Free Audio as the device for audio output and mic

2. Play Music on Edge in Spotify 

3. In Windows Sound setting, the Bose Stereo is set as the default output.

But strangely I don't hear any Spotify music. All I hear is the people talking in the Teams meeting. If I switch to Bose Hands-Free in Windows Sound Settings in the system tray, then I hear the music. So it seems like the Edge browser is also sending the music to Hands-free Audio channel instead of sending it to stereo channel. How can I have both Stereo and Hands-free channel send output to my headphones at the same time? 

Or is that not possible by design?

4 REPLIES 4
Jessie_O

Re: Getting Bose NC 700 to play Audio via stereo as well as Hands-free in Windows PC

Hi Rajatch, 

Thank you for your post! 

Regarding your query, You are only able to connect to one of these profiles at a time. You will be unable to connect to both. 

However, you may be able to find a setting in Microsoft Teams that may allow you to listen to teams as well as background music. 

if you have any other questions, please let me know! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
aliedar
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2021

Re: Getting Bose NC 700 to play Audio via stereo as well as Hands-free in Windows PC

I do face similiar issue. On my windows 10 PC, when i play fortnite, i use discord to communicate with my friends. With this newly purchased Bose NC700 , I had to use bose hands free and the fortnite background sound/music cannot be heard at all. If i opt to hear fortnite background sound/music, I wont be able to chat with my friends on discord.

Any software update that can get this fixed?

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi aliedar,

If you are only getting sound from Discord, and not any other apps on the computer on the hands-free profile, then it's likely a setting on your computer that is stopping the other audio. The most common setting is "exclusive mode" which allows certain applications to take exclusive control of your audio output, stopping other apps from playing their audio through the same output.

To disable exclusive mode, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the system tray and select Sound Settings.
    sound bar
  • Select Sound Control Panel.
  • Select the hands-free profile for your headphones and click Properties.
    properties
  • Under the Advanced tab, uncheck Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
  • Click OK to save your device's settings.

Once you've done this, you may also need to restart the applications like Discord and Fortnite for the changed to take effect.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jamiepilkjgp
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2020

Hi Keith,

Is there anyway to use the built in microphone while in stereo mode? I find that the audio quality in handsfree mode is much worse if I want to listen to music during a call.

The Windows system sees the input device as the same as the output device so if you are using handsfree for input then you have to use handsfree for output. I cannot find a stereo option for input or any option that makes the headphones sound their best.

Thanks for any help