Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Getting a replacement

How do I actually get a replacement? My headphones are literally disintegrating. When I went to the page for replacements and followed the directions, it asked me to enter my credit card number and seemed to indicate that it would charge me for a new pair.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Re: Getting a replacement

That would suggest your headphones are out of warranty.  Do you know when you bought this?

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@redcarI do not work for Bose but you we could answer better if you described which Bose headphones and exactly what you problem is.  There is a 'methodology' that has been used by people here for QC35i's that keep turning themselves on when switched off.  For those people, with persistence, even out of warranty, many have been able to get free/no cost exchanges.

However, in general, Bose will not offer a free exchange for products which out of warranty (in the US that is normally greater than one year).  They will offer a 'discounted' price but that price could still be higher than some retailers (both on and off the Internet).  You can try to convince the representatives by 'pleading' your case, but you may not be able to change their minds.

Another possibility is by trying to return them to the source of purchase (but most sellers don't accept returns after 90 days).  Another possibility if you purchased with a credit card is that some of them like Amex or Chase/United extend warranty's purchased on the card sometimes to 2 years.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Thank you. I believe these headphones are about a year old. I'd like to confirm the warranty with Bose customer service. What's the best way to open a ticket to have someone look into it?