Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2020

Google Assistant on Phone Muted - QC35ii

When I ask google assistant a question using the action button, I can see the audio settings in my Bose Connect app switch from my laptop to my phone, as it should. However, when the audio source says (PHONE), I hear absolutely no audio response -- it is silent. When it automatically switches back to (LAPTOP), my music continues playing. However, when Google Assistant does reply, my audio on my computer does not continue when the reply is finished; instead, the audio is stuck on "(PHONE)" even though I am not playing any audio on my phone. I cannot get it to switch back to my laptop, and pressing the action button causes the headphones to force reboot itself (this has happened 4-5 times in the last 10 minutes).

However,  If I press the action button during the silence, sometimes Google Assistant's voice will come on halfway through the response, sometimes I will hear nothing at all. The google assistant from action button is overall very buggy. How do I fix this? I've tried clearing my bluetooth list, resetting the headphones, restarting my device, uninstalling/reinstalling Google assistant... Nothing is working!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Google Assistant on Phone Muted - QC35ii

Hey @kzhu98,

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I'm sorry to learn of the issues you are experiencing with your QC35 II's, I'll be more than happy to help! 

Can you tell me if you are running the most recent firmware? You can find this out in the application under the product information section. To update, click the LINK HERE on a laptop or PC and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2020

Re: Google Assistant on Phone Muted - QC35ii

I have 4.5.2, the most updated version. I called customer support and they encouraged me to have the item replaced, so I will do that.