Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 30, 2020

[HELP] Bose QC 35 II Suddenly Stopped Working and Not Charging

Hello!

My Bose QC 35 II headphones suddenly stopped working while connected to my Macbook. There is no audio, no noise cancellation, and no voice for battery life.

They don't even turn on or off with the power button.

They also don't even charge. The light indicator for battery life does not even show up. No light whatsoever, not even a red light.

Nothing is working, tried the resetting steps mentioned online and plugging into another outlet.

Is this a problem with the internal battery? I'm at a lost for words. Warranty won't help me out because I got these as a gift...

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: [HELP] Bose QC 35 II Suddenly Stopped Working and Not Charging

Hello pphillip12345, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you are having some power issues with your QC35's. 

We appreciate the troubleshooting you have attempted so far. Let's also try updating the headset, to do this please connect your headphones to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please visit our online updater and follow the on-screen instruction. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of the update.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 30, 2020

Do my headphones have to be turned on in order to use the Bose Updater?

My headphones don't turn on, so I'm guessing that is why the Bose Updater is not working.

The page does not change when I plug my headphones in with a USB cable.

Thank you if you have any other tips

Highlighted

Hey pphillip12345, 

Thanks for reaching back out to us. The headset doesn't need to be powered on to be able to use the updater, if the PC is unable to detect the headset then I would recommend exploring service options for the headset. 

Please get in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Sorry that this wasn't something we could resolve via the community. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

I have the Same exact problem you do... i have had these headphones for almost 6 months now and i don't have a single scratch on these things and have treated them like a baby and out of know where they did the same thing yours did. what was the end result for you? i can't call them until monday and i bought them through amazon so idk if i have the 1 year warranty