Mike52
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2020

Having trouble getting QC35 to identify mobile Iphone 12

QC35 

I was able to connect to my old IPhone SE.  I am having trouble getting them headphones to identify my IPhone 12.  The headphones are identified on the IPhone but as soon as I try to connect to them it comes back and says that the mobile device is not found.  I have gone thru with re-booting the headphones.  Deleting the Bose app and re-installing it.  Tried to connect just using the bluetooth on my phone.  I get the same error that the mobile device is not found.  Anyone have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Having trouble getting QC35 to identify mobile Iphone 12

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mike52

@John Morris1234 @Mike52 @ABrown 

Which version of iOS is the 12 on?  14.0.1 or 14.1?

Do a quick google search on "ios 14.1 changes bluetooth" shows that there appear to be outstanding issues/bugs releated to ios 14.x and bluetooth.  There could be support 'workarounds' having to do with reinitializing / wiping out settings on the iphone - though your phones are brand new.  Perhaps ios has an iphone 12 related issue impacting one or more BT devices.  I can tell you I just updated my iphone 7+ to 14.1 and have no BT issues with my QC35 (which is on 4.8.1).

If there is indeed a BT issue - it would beg the question which vendor will create a fix - new version of QC35 firmware or another iOS update (14.2 is currently in beta).  I am guessing Apple will come first.  We may not see another Bose firmware updated in 2020 for the QC35 (but I am merely guessing).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ABrown
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2020

I am also experiencing the same issue with my connectivity to iPhone. Any help on this would be appreciated! 

John Morris1234
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2020

Hi! 
I also just got the iphone 12, and I am unable to connect my bose headphones to my phone. It may be because they are trying to connect to my old phone, but I even tried getting someones samsung phone and using NTC to connect them to their phone, they still wont connect. Bose, please help us out, we should be able to use the bluetooth feature on our bluetooth headphones. 

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mike52

@John Morris1234 @Mike52 @ABrown 

Which version of iOS is the 12 on?  14.0.1 or 14.1?

Do a quick google search on "ios 14.1 changes bluetooth" shows that there appear to be outstanding issues/bugs releated to ios 14.x and bluetooth.  There could be support 'workarounds' having to do with reinitializing / wiping out settings on the iphone - though your phones are brand new.  Perhaps ios has an iphone 12 related issue impacting one or more BT devices.  I can tell you I just updated my iphone 7+ to 14.1 and have no BT issues with my QC35 (which is on 4.8.1).

If there is indeed a BT issue - it would beg the question which vendor will create a fix - new version of QC35 firmware or another iOS update (14.2 is currently in beta).  I am guessing Apple will come first.  We may not see another Bose firmware updated in 2020 for the QC35 (but I am merely guessing).

View solution in original post

Mike52
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2020

I am on IOS 14.1 and the current firmware version for QC35

Mike52
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2020

I was finally able to pair the head phones by resetting the resetting the network setrtings.

Thanks for the help

Mike52
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2020

If you haven't seen the post, I was able to pair my headphones by resetting the network settings.  Once the IPhone came back up I turned on the blue tooth feature and paired the IPhone and headphones using the Bose Connect app.

Jumpinjo
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2021

How do I change network settings