Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Re: Headphone 700 --- On Off loud sound - How to shut it off

I agree on this. The sound effect is way louder then I ever have the volume set. Should be an easy fix to just lower to 1/3 of the current setting. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2019

Almost every other headphone at this price range has a simple chime or calm female voice to provide Power, bluetooth pairing and ANC information.

- The early 90's computer voice on these headphones is a total let down.

The choice of using a "Orchestral stabs" is very jarring.

- I am an early riser and use these headphones to listen to the news while preparing breakfast. In the early morning the "morning stab" to set volume to low is NOT a good way to start the day.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

Seems like all these comments are falling on deaf ears!  Shocked that Bose doesn't seem to care.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Using the headphones with relaxing music and stuff at night, falls asleep, Bose NC700 turns off - BAAAAAAUJONG!

Awake and no way to fall asleep again. 

E.g this is a very bad sound and feature. 

Now I have turned off motion detection and put them in always on = battery drain!

If there is no fix coming soon these headphones will be replaced to other brand! 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Yup - totally agree with you. 

Returned the bose 700’s & bought Sennheiser 550II - best choice ever !! 

- Sound quality

- Features

- Call quality on par with 700’s

Bose does not, & will not listen to customer response in a timely manner.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Yes I’m wide awake right now in the middle of the night because of that awful jarring loud shut down noise.  Returning the product tomorrow as I can see there is no way to change it 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

I would LOVE to return mine but I bought them at the end of September and can't imagine they'd take them back now.  I was convinced that a software update would solve this issue and that Bose would at least listen to the frustrated customers.  

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

Yep, I agree, this should be an easy fix to the software.

I was really shocked to find out there is no volume options for those 'interface' sounds. And to be honest, for the price of this headset it's ridiculous.

Shame on Bose for not replying after a year.

Definitely will not recommend this headset to anyone as long as this is not fixed and considering to return this headset.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 15, 2020

System level volume

Hi, when the QC7000 Noise canceling turn on, they make an intro sound and when they connect to bluetooth devices they make a pop-sound. When then device turns off, it makes a powered-down sound. My hears are sensitive, very sensitive and I would like further application control so to adjust that system-level volume. So far, the application allows you to adjust the talking bot, great and this would be a good location to add system volume?

food for thought,

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Re: System level volume

I just got my new bose 700. all my excitement went away when i found out this terrible LOUD awful irritating jarring noise. is this so difficult to fix?!? please, find a fix for this. At least the users should be able to set up the volume!!!