Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Re: Headphone 700 --- On Off loud sound - How to shut it off

I completely agree with this. There is absolutely no way to at least lower the power on/off sounds and it's incredibly annoying. Probably going to return the headphones because of this feature. Just lost another customer.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

This sound is jarring and unacceptable from a $400 pair of headphones. I will likely return them within the 30 day window if this is not addressed. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

And still NOTHING from BOSE on this!  So disappointing.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 3, 2020

I’m another disappointed customer with the exact same experience and complaint. I recently had a spinal cord injury and like most quadriplegics have extreme difficulty falling and staying asleep. I bought my Bose headphones for the noise cancelling feature and absolutely love it until the orchestra STAB awakens me from a motionless sleep. Who ever thought this was a good idea? Please fix this issue soon or you will lose yet another customer!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Same problem as abovementioned, I was happy I could turn off the audio prompts
(didn't really like that my music stopped playing only for a woman to shout in my ear that the connection to my laptop was lost), but I would like to switch off this `Power-up` sound

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 10, 2020

I hate all these sounds. Sometimes i don't even know what those are about. maybe an intermittent disconnect from bluetooth? BAJONG! DIDIT!

Loud sounds scares me twice. I just shelved my NC700 and using my QC25s now. 

What is annoying is that this thread is more than 1 year old now and there is still no fix. this should be easy to fix by a software update.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

I joined the forum just to say that not only are the on/off stabs freaking obnoxious, so is the "mute" sound when you drop the volume all the way down. I've had these for 2 days and am considering returning them. I ditched Sony because of hardware defects, but Bose is so out of touch with user experience I might not stick around in this camp either. It's really not convincing me these are worth the premium over the Airpod Pro's.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

100% agree. I joined after buying them 4 hours ago to state my +1 for Bose to fix these annoying VERY loud sound schemes. I do not mind that we are notified of turning off, on, muting, etc but to play that on volume 50% or something is just stupid.

PLEASE fix this as this is as close as it gets to a perfect pair of headphones that I have ever tested, and I have tested A LOT of them including the brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 2´s. 

1. Too many bugs paring with the new Bose Music app on Android (Samsung Galaxy Note Z Flip on the latest Android version)

2. The volume on the notification sounds GOT TO BE TURNED DOWN and preferably be able to be switched off in settings if the users wants to switch them off.

3. Be able to use the left button to what you want instead of just being locked to noise cancellation levels. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

+1 to all the feedback above. The turn on/off sounds and other system sounds (like remaining battery and noise cancellation mode) are way too loud, it is just physically uncomfortable to listen to it.

I can't believe the 400$ product does not have a setting for it yet, especially given that multiple people brought it to your attention more than a year ago.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

That's it, I've had just about enough of these NC700's. I've been waiting for over a year to get rid of this annoying OFF sound. I use these to quieten my surroundings and sometimes fall asleep with these, to then be woken up by a BLOODY GREAT STUPID sound and a racing heart.

How difficult is it to add an option to the pretty useless Bose Music App that has just been "fully redesigned" to turn off all sounds from the headset ? If it turns off by itself, let it turn off, if it eats my battery, fine, let it.

I so regret my old Denon's and the XM3 I had before spending a lot more on a set of fancy Bose...

If this can't be fixed soon, I'll sell these to some unlucky guy and buy myself a set of the ass kicking XM4's that will be way better than these.

BOSE, Are you even listening to your clients ???

Thanks.