Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Headphone NC 700, Microphone issue

I just purchase this headphone 700 noise cancelling, I have issue with Microphone. Other people are unable to hear me properly and I am not sure how to rectify this.

I was on the call for more than an hour to get tech support but no luck, if I do not get response then I have to initiate return on this product.

Please help.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Headphone NC 700, Microphone issue

Hey!

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Bose Forums and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with your NC700 when taking calls, I'll do all I can to help you! 

Can you tell me which device you are using the headphones with? Once I know this information I will be able to give you the most accurate information for troubleshooting your issue. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

All the devices which I have are working fine but I need use this with Zoom and the reason I have to buy this.

If this is not compatible then please let me know which Bose device is compatible with Zoom.

Thanks

Highlighted

Thanks for coming back to me!

If the headphones are working fine with other devices it may be a setting in Zoom that you need to change. Make sure that the NC700's are selected as the microphone in Zoom. You can normally find this in the inputs and outputs section. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2020

I'm facing a weird issue recently. My colleagues are complaining my voice is not at all clear during the calls. Its more frequent now a days. Little embarrassing too. i need to disconnect the headphone and talk using my iPhone. I'm sure something is wrong with the microphone. I did a sample test. I recorded my voice using my NC 700 and played back the audio. The audio goes up and down. not completely audible when it is low. I recorded in exactly the same way how i talk during calls. I'm sure some thing is wrong. Any one else facing the issue? Is it a hardware issue?

Highlighted

Hello naveenmano, 

Thank you for posting to the Community! Sorry to read that you have been having a strange microphone issue with your headset. 

Let's start by ensuring that the headset is up to date with the latest software by connecting the headset to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please visit our online updater and following the on-screen instructions. 

Another great step is to perform a reset on the headset via following these steps below: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2020

It worked!! Many thanks.

will monitor for the next couple of weeks and see

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 5, 2020

Hi I had the same issue as above. Just did the reset and downloading the new update as per the instructions above..wondering if it is still working fine for @naveenmano .