Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

Headphone won’t connect to siri

Hi, my NC 700 headphones have all of a sudden stopped working with Siri. They worked when I first got them and now when I press the button on the frames it makes the sound however won’t work. Siri on my phone works perfectly fine but won’t connect for my headphones. I have deleted the Bose music app. Disconnected and connected again etc etc and still won’t work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Headphone won’t connect to siri

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kate7

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

To confirm, are you pressing the button or holding it to activate Siri? Further to this, do you have any other assistants set up on the headphones? 

Finally, have you tried restarting the devices that you are connecting to?

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hey @Kate7,

That sounds quite unusual! Are you running into the issue with the Noise-Cancelling 700 headphones or the Bose Frames?

If you're referring to the headphones when you press the multi-function button, do you not hear any voice prompt at all? Open the Bose Music app, go into the product settings and check if voice prompts are enabled or disabled.

Also if you haven't already, try clearing the pairing list of the headphones and your phone, by following the steps HERE.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

Hey Sam, 

they are the NC 700 headphones. Voice prompt is enabled and I have cleared the list many times on the headphones. Deleted the App, re installed, removed it from my phone everything. Seems that Siri was working when I pressed the button when I first got them and seems that it works okay on my Mac book Air but all of a sudden stopped with my IPhone. When I press the button on the headphones it makes the Siri noise and looking at my phone it goes to come up with the Siri ‘what can I help you with’ but then just disappears straight away and the noise goes. Like I said it was working when I first got them at the beginning of this year. I don’t know if there has been an update along the way and it has stopped working! 

Highlighted

Hi Kate,

Thank you for clarifying - it's quite strange that Siri has stopped functioning like before.

Do you recall updating your headphones in the Bose Music app at any point? It may be the case that they're a version behind in terms of the firmware. Do you mind visiting the Bose update page HERE, to check for any firmware updates?

Also, what iPhone do you currently have? Have you been able to test the Siri function by connecting to any other iPhones?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

Hi Sam,

so I have the iPhone 11 Pro. I bought them at the same time and the headphones have only been connected to my phone and new Mac book air. I will try and connect with another phone and see if it works. 

I have the new updated software on the music app but not sure when that updated. And I have the up to date everything on my iPhone. Siri works perfectly fine when I say hey Siri on my phone and then the headphones seem to work with my laptop when I press the button. Seems as if it’s a fault or something with the app. I have deleted the app and re installed and everything it still won’t work. I just get the sound as if Siri is about to work but then phone and headphone kind of just freeze and doesn’t work! I just don’t understand how it was perfectly fine for about a month and now all of a sudden something has changed! 

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kate7

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

To confirm, are you pressing the button or holding it to activate Siri? Further to this, do you have any other assistants set up on the headphones? 

Finally, have you tried restarting the devices that you are connecting to?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

Hi Sam, 

Thanks for your reply. I restarted my phone and it seems to be working the way it was before when I first got them! Thank you so much for your help! Guess there must be an update or something that they don’t like on the iPhone! Any way fingers crossed they keep working. And no other assistant I only use Siri.