Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Headphones 700 No Song-Resume Gesture possible

Got my 700er this week. Connected to my iPhone XS via Bose App. All Gestures are working, Volume Control, Next/Previous Song. But I can only pause a song via double tap. I'm unable to resume, when the song is paused via double tap. Also tried it on an iPad Pro and also tried this:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

Even though I'm not sure if it worked, because when I powered the headphones back on, they automatically connected back to the iPhone. Not what a reset should do.

No success so far. Will definitely send them back if this won't work, worked in Beats Studio3 without any problems.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Headphones 700 No Song-Resume Gesture possible

Hi Yellowyl, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with resuming the audio playback. Let's see what we can do for you!

I have taken some time to test this and have been unable to replicate your issue. I would recommend testing this with a different device to see if this specific to your phone or the headphones. I would also double-check that you are running the most recent firmware by heading to the LINK HERE on a laptop or PC and following the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Tested it on multiple devices (all apple though) and updated to the latest firmware just after I got them. 
Got it working by deleting the Bose Music App, deleting it from the iOS Bluetooth Settings and reconnecting it without installing the Bose App. However, the next time I turned the headphones back on, the gesture was broken again. Very annoying. 

Highlighted

Hi Yellowyl,

Thank you for coming back to me!

I’m sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues.

Can you tell me which music source you are listening too and if it happens on various music services?

I look forward to hearing from you again!

Kindest,

Jessie O

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.