Romeo_mit
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2021

Headphones not working

I’ve had the Bose QC 35 II for a year now and suddenly, when using wired connection only the right earphone makes sound. The Bluetooth works perfectly fine but when it’s wired to anything it stops working unless push on the cord near my head. I’ve tried with noise canceling on and off on both my phone and my computer and other phones and computers. I even have another cord from my girlfriend’s nose headphones and her cord does the same thing. I need some help 

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Headphones not working

Hi Romem_mit,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

As the left ear will give audio when you "push on the cord near my head" or use Bluetooth, it does sound like the cable is not connecting with the headphones correctly. It is possible that you may have something like dust or moisture in the port on the headphones that is stopping the cable from sitting in the port properly. It would be worth trying to clear this away with something like a compressed air duster and seeing if you then get audio from both ears with the cable.

If you do still only get audio from one ear after doing this, then the port on the headphones has likely been damaged, so you will need to reach out to your local support team to look into the service options available to you. You can find their contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Romeo_mit
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2021

Re: Headphones not working

I tried this and it sadly didn't work and my product is out of warranty. so I guess I'll just use them for bluetooth. I can't recommend bose anymore lol