Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Hearphones playing background sound

Hello!  I have horrible tinnitus, or ringing in my ears.  It was self inflicted from playing in bands on very loud stages in the past.

Recently an audiologist recommended I try hearing aids that can play background sounds, such as ocean waves, while also amplifying ambient noise to supplement the lost frequencies.  They were ok, but insurance does not cover the $5k pricetag.  I have plenty of apps that generate masking sound, but won't amplify outside noise, and certainly not with eq options.  Can the Hearphones do this?  Also, will the proposed Bose hearing aids do this when they come out? And when will they be released?  Is there a beta testing program?

Thanks!

Randy

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Hearphones playing background sound

Hi Randy, 

Thanks for reaching out I would love to do what I can to help!

So you're aware, Bose Hearphones are not a hearing aid, they are not a medical device. We believe there are many people who are not hearing aid candidates who would like to enhance their ability to have conversations in noisy environments—whether for comfort or clarity. Hearphones fall into a category of products called 'Personal Sound Amplification Products' (PSAPs).

The Hearphones have 3 sound directivity functions to focus on sounds coming from a particular area. 

• Everywhere: Listen to sounds from all directions
  • Front: Concentrate on a conversation with people in front of you and reduce noise from behind
  • Focused: Focus on a conversation with someone in a noisy setting

You will also have inline remote controls on the headset which will allow you to increase/ decrease the 'World Volume'.

We cannot guarantee this product will be suited to your needs, however we do have a great purchase and test period which allows you to return your product for a full refund in the initial 30 days of purchasing. (This has been temporarily extended to 90 days throughout COVID-19) Please visit your regions Bose website for confirmation of this period. 

If you have any further questions, do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

Re: playing background sound

Sounds like these might help a lot.  I am still not clear, can you play music/sounds at the same time they are amplifying the outside sounds?  Are these actually headphones as well, or strictly for amplification?

I guess another question, if I did use these on a loud stage, could you limit the sound level?  I have a few pairs of Bose Sound sport type headphones and they do block sound and fit well.  Could I set the Hear phones to play ambient sound, but quieter so I could protect my ears and still hear my actual sound?  Earplugs are horrible, as I play trumpet and it sounds incredibly flat with them in.  Kind of like how your voice sounds when you plug your ears.  The sound is there, but has no depth..  I need to be able to hear the actual sound instead of just blocking it out.

Thanks, I've been a big fan of Bose products for a long time!

Highlighted

Re: playing background sound

The Hearphones are inbuilt with noise cancelling technology, therefore in louder environments you can choose to block this out or vary the world volume to your own preference. You can also use these for everyday headphone functionality as well as using the Bose Hear app on your smart device to control your headphones direction functions and wold volume. 

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!