BoseQuestion
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Help identifying a BOSE device

Hello, 

My relative gave me a BOSE device, but I can't figure out what it is. I am not sure if I can upload a picture here, so I'll try to explain what it is. Imagine the headphones that you put on your head, but without the actual speakers, basically just a frame (looks like something women use to keep there hair back)..  On top of it there is a small round thing that looks like a small speaker, or maybe a camera, I am not sure. There is one long wire comes out from it, and on the end of it there is a connector that fits into the audio jack of the computer, but when I plug it in the audio jack on my computer nothing happens..  no sound, nothing..  So, I am confused what it is and how it should be used. 

Pleas help to identify this device/accessory. 

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
Bobsat
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

Re: Help identifying a BOSE device

What you have described is the headset portion of a Bose ADAPTiQ audio calibration system that customizes the sound of your system to the acoustics of your room.  It comes packaged with Bose Soundbars and Lifestyle entertainment systems.

On your computer, go to Bose.com and put "ADAPTiQ" in the Search window; when the results of your search show up, click on "support" and there are many articles about operating the ADAPTiQ system.

BoseQuestion
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Re: Help identifying a BOSE device

Thank you very much! My relative does have the sound system, and she probably didn't realize that it was part of it. I'll give it back to her. Thanks again!