Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Re: How To Factory Reset 700 NC Headphone?

Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2020

NC700 Factory reset.

since a time ago i've noticed a very degraded performance of ANC. I'm trying to factory reset the device so maybe it is some sort of internal configuration that went wrong (I don't know how bose detects my ear and checks it is all sealed). I can't find any info about the factory reset on this device, all indications on this forum are for a standard reboot (and they are wrong because at the last step the BT led doesn't blink). Anyway, it didn't help. Could anyone tell me how to perform a factory reset on this device?

Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2020

@Anne_S 

I'm now experiencing an issue that was posted back in September of last year. I purchased my headphones straight from your site a week ago.

I realize COVID has impacted everyone and continues to do so, I'm sorry if that has been the case here but if so, you should be accepting returns indefinitely on this product until you're able to resolve the ongoing issues. Also providing updates and being transparent with your customers if you're experiencing the same hardships all of us are at this time. Either that or stop selling the headphones please.

I attempted to reset my headset recently because I could not connect to my PC anymore and doing so seems to have bricked my headphones. I have been unable to turn them on since I performed this reset.

Reset involves, 'Holding down power button while plugging in USB-C to earcup'. We're instructed to hold until bluetooth light turns blue but nothing happened for me. There was a bit of a flash of lights when I pressed the button and plugged in the cable but then it just went dark and wouldn't turn back on.

Needless to say, you can have them back.

Hi Aelio, 

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with your headphones after attempting to reset. At this point, I would recommend that you reach out to your local technical support team for assistance as it sounds as though your headphones have developed a fault. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of our team will be more than happy to help you! 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2020

I just have the same issue, try the reset steps you as support saids, and then my Bose 700 stopped working 😕 don't turn on, don't charge only dead! 

Please let me know what I need to do!

Hi jizvera,

Thanks for posting!

If your headphones are unresponsive after a reset, you will want to reset them a second time. Just follow the same steps as before and you will get your headphones back up and running!

Let me know how you get on after the reset!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

Hi,

I am just curious to ask because I have seen that in some other threads the procedure has been mentioned like releasing the power button after 2 secs with white led blinking twice ( after we plug in the cable with power button pressed)

Which is the correct procedure?
Honestly, the procedure is not so straight forward because for the general user there is no clean way to understand if reset operation has happened. 

Please consider having some option in app if possible in future. 

Participant
Registered since

Mar 11, 2019

Bose, your software is so buggy. 

I'm trying to connect my new NC 700's. I first add it as a bluetooth device on my phone. When I go to connect on the Music app, if I get pased the first "Get Connected" screen, it times out on the next screen and doesn't work. All the while, my phone keeps asking if I want to connect to the device. If I follow the phone prompts, it takes me to the Bose Connect app (which I have for all my other products), which then takes me back to Bose Music. It's a frustrating cycle. 

I own over 10 Bose products and have noticed a huge decline in the software performance. It's so buggy and not smooth at all. 

Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

Guys this is really easy and you dont need to connect your headphones.

Just turn it on, press the on/off button and keep pressing until you hear the clear bluetooth device list message.

Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

Mine froze, can't even turn it off, hopefully will die tomorrow once it runs out of battery. 

Unresponsive, not on or off, can't upgrade. and the list goes on and on ...