Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

How do I hear myself on SoundLink

I've just purchased a pair of SoundLink and am enjoying music more than ever. However I sound like I'm talking underwater when taking a call or video conference. Can this be fixed? How do I hear myself as I do if I use in ear earphones?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: How do I hear myself on SoundLink

Hi Ondeh,

Thanks for posting and welcome!

So we can help you as effectively as possible with your headphones, can you please confirm exactly which SoundLink headphones you have? If you are inside you can double-check this with our Product Identifier.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

It's a Bose AE2 SoundLink. Hope I got the model right! Look forward to your assistance.

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch, Ondeh. 

Would you be able to clarify what you mean about talking underwater? 

The headphones feature something called "Sidetone" which essentially enables outer microphones on the headset so you can hear your own voice during calls. It makes the conversation more natural and clear; like you're not wearing headphones at all. Research showed that by not having this feature on, your voice would sound muffled, thus, you'd speak louder and less consistently so Sidetone is a fantastic solution for this. 

Are you having issues with Sidetone? 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Hi, how do i turn on sidetone? I cannot hear myself when I wear the headphones, so as you have described I talk louder than usual. Appreciate your help!

Highlighted

Thanks for coming back to us Ondeh. 

Sidetone can be enabled in the settings menu of the Bose Connect application. 

I hope this helps! Let me know how you get on! 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

I've looked for it in settings on the Bose connect app but it's not there. Is sidetone available on my soundlink?

Highlighted

Hi Ondeh, 

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. The only way to be sure at this point would bt to get in contact with our team with your serial number. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to help you!

If there is anything more we can do for you, please reach out to us again!